Ch 3

Ch 3

Z and I just stare and then I hear Z muttering, “But, they’re just rumors, it's not true, not true.” I put my hand on her shoulder and I drag her away, her family is out of town so I brought her to my house, my dad would know what to do.

I walked in with Z who was white as a sheet, she had stopped muttering and was almost back to normal, I had texted my dad earlier so when I walked in my dad was there with two cups of mint tea, it has always calmed me down, while we were drinking tea Z and I told my dad all that had happened that day, he got a little mad when he heard I had detention, but it was a little better when i told him why, he smiled when I mentioned beating Ethan and laughed when I was talking to Austin and Leo about a mad Z, when we got to the ghost part he sighed and I said, “Who is she, did you know her?” see my dad lived here before, he grew up here, he sighed and said, “Annie was my next door neighbor, and in our families there was one kid that was the same age in each family, for me it was Annie, we were best friends, she had scoliosis, so she had a back brace and she couldn’t run as well as the other kids, a lot of kids bullied her, including those twins mother, their mother absolutely hated her because Annie got everyone's attention and Annie was rich. A long time ago, the twins mother’s family had wealth but lost it all to Annie's family’s mine and that's why the families were sworn enemies, one night, it was Annie's birthday, and Helen, who is the twins’ mother, got no gifts while Annie got many. That night someone sneaked into their house and murdered Annie while the family was asleep, to this day, nobody knows who did it.” after hearing this story Z and I got goosebumps and we decided to have a sleepover, Z and I talked about the story we just heard and who could have killed a sweet innocent girl.

The next morning, I made pancakes, my dad had to go into work early today, even though it was saturday. Z walked into the room, she was wearing her favorite band T-shirt with shorts and I was wearing my dad's old college jersey with shorts underneath, Z got out the orange juice and I put the pancakes on the plates, we talked while we ate and then we went up to get ready for the day, we both showered last night to get the makeup off so all we had to do was brush hair,teeth and get changed and then we could head towards the park, I wore shorts with a green top, with grey converses and Z wore a white top with shorts and black vans, she had her hair in a braid over her shoulder and I had my hair in a high ponytail, I grabbed my phone and wallet and so did Z and I wrote a note to dad in case we were gone when he came back.

We were walking in the park, having snow cones, when we heard a loud crack! and then something whizzed right between us, inches from our heads and got logged into the tree in front of us, it was a bullet, we looked around and saw this person dressed in black and he had a gun...pointed...at..us! we stared at him and saw him start squeezing the trigger, we dove behind a bush, until now I didn’t realize we were screaming, I peeked over the bushes and he was gone, we checked for any damage to us and anyone else, but we were the only ones in the park, the hair on the back of my neck stood up and in my ear I heard, “They won’t stop till they get you!” I whipped my head back but no one was there, I looked at Z and she said, “D-did you say that?” I shook my head and said in a whisper, “I-I think it was Annie!” and then a strong wind started up, we looked around and it started to drastically get darker and we could have sworn there was whispering in the trees, suddenly Annie appeared and she said, “Go! run, the bad ones are comi-ahhh!” she started to scream and then she suddenly disappeared, then these black shadows started moving towards us, I started to feel this heavy dread and overwhelming evil, I felt like I was suffocating, I looked over and Z wasn’t much better, we started to run for our lives, we didn’t stop running until we were at my house, too scared to be alone, I grab two sodas and we watched a movie. During the movie we started hearing these heavy footsteps above us, too scared to check, we just huddled together and I think I even whimpered. The footsteps stopped and Z let out a sigh of relief, but then all of a sudden the tv shuts off , so does the lights, leaving us in utter darkness, we were sitting there in an eerie quiet darkness when we start hearing a low demonic growl. After the growling stopped, we were sitting in silence again. Suddenly we heard a ding dong! We both shriek in horror and jump at least 5 feet in the air! after seeing it was the doorbell I gripped Z’s hand for dear life and walk towards the door, when I opened it cautiously I saw it was our friends Austin and Leo. I smiled and sighed in relief, so did Z and the boys just stared at us and Leo said, “You guys ok? you look like you’ve seen a ghost?” Z and I share a look and just shrugged our shoulders, then we hear this evil laugh. It sounded like it was right behind me, I started to get goosebumps and I feel a sharp pain in my shoulder, like claws digging in or somebody grabbing my shoulder and Z was coughing, it looked like she was being suffocated by her cross necklace, the boys are standing there in shock, not sure what to do. This voice that was so full of malice, it made me cringe in fear, the...the..thing said, “We are coming for you, you're death is near!” and then my vision started to go fuzzy and I managed to gasp out in a strangled voice, “H-help!” then I sucombed to the darkness.