Chapter Five

Rick’s POV:

I knew it was wrong to invade someones personal things but it had to be done. The information I got from stealing her records and from speaking with her wasn’t enough. I had to get it from her thoughts. The pictures showed her with her friends. They were all boys that I had seen. The names on the back of the photos were Ryder Jimmy Andrew Mark and an older man the resembled Ryder. I saw a couple other guys but no girls.

          I tried searching for a diary, even though she didn’t look like the type to have one. When I found the locked journal I knew I hit the jackpot. I picked the lock and found a journal.

          I was going to return it when I found what I was looking for. But when she barged in on me I had no option but to take it. I jumped off the balcony only to hang onto it and hid under it. Hearing her run out I hid even farther. After a while she ran back in. I jumped off and ran to my car.

          So now I’m at home about to read it.

I open it up only to be confused. Each page is filled with numbers. Damn it’s in code. (A/N I used to have a journal and everything was in code and I used numbers. 1 was A 14 was N, etc. I changed it a bit on here btw)

I knew it couldn’t have been this easy. This was going to be a long night.

Carson’s POV:                                          

          Deep breaths. In and out. In and out. It was almost early morning and I was still trying to calm down after my little anxiety attack. Everything was going to be fine. I keep telling myself that but I wasn’t too sure.

          My journal was in code. Yeah I was a little paranoid but after Jimmy tried to read it I started writing in code.

          It was a bit confusing but after a while I wrote in code like an expert. 1 was Z and 26 was A. So I wouldn’t get 24 mistaken for 2 and 4 or the other way around I put a small dot after every number that made a letter. If there was a double letter I’d put the number 2 then the number that doubled. There were random squares and triangles put in there for fun. And after every word was a slash. Yeah I know I went to extremes to hide my thoughts.

 It would be confusing but if they broke the code then all my secrets would be reveled and that would be very bad. Especially if I found the guy that stole it because then he would be dead.

I stood up from where I was curled up on the floor. I would not be weak.

          After I had taken a cold shower to wake my mind, there was a knock on my door. I peeped through. Jimmy.

I opened up.

“Hey Jimmy. What are you doing here?”

“You didn’t come to school today. I just wanted to see if you were alright.”

When Ryder had come in this morning, I had ignored him till he left.

“I’m fine just had a small stomach bug.” I said walking to my bed and sitting down.

“Oh okay. I got your work.” He handed me a folder. “But I guess it doesn’t matter if you do it or not.” He said shrugging. It was true. I was top of my class but I guess it doesn’t matter much if everyone else doesn’t do their work.

“Thank you.” I say but I end up spacing out again.

“Carson. You don’t look so good.” I shake my head.

“Yeah I’m going to go for a run.” I go to my dresser for some clothes.

“Are you sure? With your stomach bug and all I don’t think that’s a good idea.” He says worried.

“I’m fine. I’ll be as good as new when I come back.” I offer him a small smile. He looks uncertain.

“Maybe we should ask Ryd-” I don’t let him finish.

“No!…I mean it’s okay I’m fine.” If Ryder were to see me right now he would know I’d be lying about the stomach bug. I walk into the bathroom before he can argue. Changing quickly so I can leave faster.

“Alright well see ya later Jimmy.”

He looks confused but nods anyway. I run outside and turn left as always. I run farther than I usually do. I long ago passed the old factory. I check out my surroundings. I’m on a lonely road except for the familiar sleek black car that seems to be out of place

I get the instinct to run but I’m rooted in place. Something ticks in my mind. Stay. It tells me and I do. I want to find out who it is. I stand in place staring at the car. I know someone is in there because even with the tinted window, I can make out figures inside.

 Two people are inside watching me, watching them.