The Girl Next Door

A/N Hello everyone, a couple of friends and I decided to write a story for fun, we hope you like it. Please let us know what you think even if it’s bad! Sorry it's short by the way.

#Eyebrows  

Hunter's POV

“Hunter, could you please go next door to the Moore’s and invite them for the barbeque tomorrow?” My mum said picking up my dirty clothes from the floor.

“Do I have a choice?” I asked knowing I really didn’t.

“Just go, take Jesse with you if you’re too scared to go by yourself.” She laughed, walking out the room. I looked at Jesse who was lying on my bed.

“Let’s go.” Jesse said running a hand through his messy, curly hair and getting up.

We walked next door to the Moore’s house. It was about the same size as mine, two stories, not too big and not too small. I haven’t been to the Moore’s house since I was ten, and that was six years ago. We walked up to the door and knocked. I looked at Jesse who was on his phone probably texting a girl considering the cheesy smirks every time he got a new text.

The door opened.

“Can I help you?” Amber said moving a piece of hair from her face. Her hair was blonde just like I remembered, but this time it wasn’t cut short; it was long, wavy and down to her belly button. Her eyes, brown like my dog’s, not that she looks like my dog, she’s far from it, she is well, you could say the most gorgeous girl you will ever meet. She was wearing her pyjamas and still looked good. I don’t know why we stopped talking. Oh wait, I know. Julia. She’s been my girlfriend since I was ten, when Amber and I stopped talking because she didn’t like me hanging out with her too much. She made me choose between her and Amber and well I ended up choosing her of course because she was my first girlfriend and I was young and stupid and didn’t know what to do. Julia isn’t all that bad, yeah she may boss me around a lot, make me buy her stuff that she would probably never use, stay at my house whenever she wanted, but I still love her. Yes, love, I love her, I think.  

She cleared her throat.  

“Uh,” I started off, almost forgetting what I came here for. “Um, my parents are having a neighbourly barbeque tomorrow, it starts at 2pm and my mum wanted me to ask you, wait not you, your family, wait-“ I started to mess up.

“What he’s trying to say is; you and your family are invited to come tomorrow.” Jesse said emphasizing ‘and’. Good old Jesse, always having my back when I mess up.

“Yeah, what he said.” I said scratching the back of my neck with embarrassment.

“I’ll let them know.” She said closing the door.

Jesse and I started to walk back to my house.

“What was that all about?” Jesse said giving me a tell-me-everything-now look.

“What was what all about?” I said opening the door to my room not making eye contact with him.

“That,” He said pointing at the window towards Amber’s house even though the curtains were closed. Her room window was lined with mine. When we were younger, we used to get paper and write messages on them, but then Julia happened and we stopped everything. “The messing up your sentence and the blushing like a beetroot?” I touched my face and realised it was hot. “You’ve never acted like that. What’s going on, Hunter?” He asked putting his jumper on.

“There’s nothing going on, I have a girlfriend and you know that I would never cheat on her.” I said convincingly. That is true; I would never cheat on Julia.

“Hmm, fine,” He said walking towards the door. “I got to go, I’ll see you tomorrow.”

I launched myself towards my bed and put my arms behind my head whilst staring at the ceiling.

What do I think of Amber? Amber is gorgeous, she is really nice, and one of the best, best friends I’ve ever had. She may not be the most popular person at school, but she is and always will be cool to me. I miss spending the weekends camping with our families, our families still hang out it’s just I’m so caught up with Julia that I don’t go with them anymore. I miss going to the beach and making sandcastles, I miss how we used to make friendship bracelets for each other, I miss playing dress ups with her even though that’s not what your average guy would do but it was great with her, we had so much fun. I miss talking to her, I miss our friendship…I miss her.

I walked to my window and peaked through the curtain hoping Amber’s curtain was open. She was dancing around her room in her pyjamas. I opened my curtain fully and watched until she noticed me. I laughed quietly to myself as she looked at me with embarrassment.