Chapter 3

"We should keep her, Eddie," Venom said as he appeared from my shoulder. I was brushing my teeth while he appeared.

"Why should we?" I asked him.

"Because, you wanted children, didn't you?"

"That was when I had a wife, Venom. I don't have a wife."

"So?"

"So, I don't really want to raise a child who isn't even my own."

"A lot of parents adopt children."

"And your point is?"

"We should adopt her."

"Venom, bud, we just met her. I don't think she would trust us. Especially since I told her about the symbiote and how Carnage is like me. She might think we'd turn on her and try to kill her like how Carnage killed her parents."

"We should at least give her a place to stay," Venom said.

"As in just for the night?"

"For her life."

"Venom, you're not going to make me change my mind. We don't know her, she doesn't know us, and it would only make the entire situation awkward!"

"We can get to know her."

"That's going to take time, bud."

"I just thought having her around would be better for us. Since we're alone and there's no one here to keep us entertained."

"With that point, I might consider it."

I finished brushing my teeth and walked out to where Alex was. She was already asleep on the couch. I looked at the time and saw it was around ten o'clock. I walked over to the closet and grabbed a blanket and a pillow. I walked back towards her and placed a pillow underneath her head. I placed the blanket on top of her.

"Eddie?" Venom asked.

"I'll think about it, Venom. I need to get to know her first before I can make a decision. And she needs to trust me. That's more important than anything right now. Is her trust."

"Understood, Eddie."

"Thanks, bud. Now please let me sleep tonight."

"That might not happen," Venom snickered.

"If you don't let me sleep, I'm making you sleep on my back."

"Fine," Venom said.

The morning sun rays shined through the blinds and had woken me up. I looked around and almost forgot where I was. I sat up and rubbed my eyes. I looked around Eddie's apartment and sighed. If only I could stay here for another night. It beat sleeping on the cold ground in the corporation building. I got up, folded the blanket, and placed it back in the closet. I saw Eddie's door was still closed. He said he would help me find the building I was staying in. I walked into the kitchen and tried to find something for breakfast. There were a few left over pancakes, some ham, and what looked like a carton of milk. I closed the fridge and sat on the couch, waiting for Eddie to wake up. Around 9:30 he finally woke up. He walked over to me and sat in front of me.

"After breakfast I will help you find your place."

"Alright. Thank you for letting me stay for the night."

"It's only going to get colder. You better find a place to stay during the winter."

"Would you mind if I stayed here?"

Eddie looked away for a moment and then at me, "I'll think about it."

"Ok."

He got up and made breakfast. Which was the left over pancakes. We were eating in complete silence. Even Venom was eating with us.

"How did you become a symbiote?" I asked.

"Hmm?" Eddie asked.

"How did you get to know Venom?"

"Well, I had cancer before I knew Venom. There was some scientists who tried to cure my cancer, but it didn't end up happening. What eventually ended up happening was they injected the symbiote inside of me. After that Venom and I grew on each other."

"More like I grew on him," Venom said.

"Eat your pancake, bud," Eddie said and Venom went back to munching on his pancake. Which I had to admit, it looked pretty cute the way he was eating it.

"Other than you losing your parents, is there anything else to your story?"

"I always admired Spider-Man. I would see him on the news and listen to how he saved people on numerous occasions. I thought he was always going to be there whenever people needed him. I was led to believe that he would save anyone no matter where he was. Turns out I was wrong on that. When I needed him most, he wasn't there. He showed up after the incident happened. I'm still trying to deal with the loss of my parents."

"Well I'd think you still would be, considering you're only about ten years old. You're at a point in your life that you need your parents. You're still dependent on them. I understand how hard it is to grow up when you're still only a child."

"How would you know?" I asked. "You don't know a thing about me!"

"You're right. I don't know a thing about you. I can relate to you because my parents left me when I was at a young age and my other family members had to take care of me. I wasn't roaming around the streets and trying to find a place to stay. Listen, kid, I might be a grown man with a symbiote attached to me, but that doesn't make me less human than you are."

I just nodded my head as I kept on eating. When we were finished, Eddie grabbed his sweatshirt and we walked back to the roof of the apartment building. Venom engulfed him and I climbed onto his back. He swung around the area for a little bit until he stopped at the building I was in. I slid down from his back and Venom released Eddie and sat on his shoulder.

"How did you know where I was staying?"

"I walked past here a few days ago and saw you were here. I decided not to do anything until you seemed to be lost last night. I didn't know how to help you, but seems like I figured it out in the end."

"Well, thank you again for your hospitality, Eddie."

"You're welcome, Alex."

I was about to walk into the building when Eddie stopped me.

"Alex, if you're ever in need of anything, don't hesitate to call," he said as he handed me a piece of paper.

"Thank you."

"One more thing, before we part ways."

"Go ahead."

"Do you trust that I am a good person?"