Chapter 2: The Walk

I knew it was just my mind playing tricks on me, but for just a split second I wondered if it was mom coming to visit. I know it sounds stupid, but sometimes I think she's around - like when something randomly falls over or I see random footprints following mine, no one there. On my walk I saw Matt walking, he glanced at me but quickly glanced away when he saw me looking at him. Hm. I thought to myself. He never pays any attention to me except when sticking up for me. What if someone told him that I like him? I start walking faster, trying to avoid him. I finally see my home from afar and even though Matt is no longer near me, I'm still walking fast. Once inside, I find my father asleep on the couch, and covering him with a blanket I smell Chinese food and look into the fridge. Mmm, I think to myself while smelling the fried rice.
     I heat up my food in the microwave and eat, watching YouTube on my phone. When finally done, I wash my dishes and head upstairs to get ready to head over to my baby-sitting job. The walk over was surprisingly peaceful as the white flurries of snow were falling all around. This was probably the most peaceful I'd been in a while, watching others hurrying around. Then, all of a sudden two hands cover my eyes.
"Crud." I mutter to myself.
"Hey it's just me!" I hear a familiar voice say as they unravel their hands from my face.
"Katie! You scared me to death! I thought I was being kidnapped." I yell.
"I saw you and decided to come over and say 'hi'."
"Well, hi." I answer. "I have to go babysit, but I'll see you Monday, okay?" I respond, not knowing I would be wrong.
----------------------------------------------
Sorry for not posting in so long! I'll try to post during the days I have off this week. I'm also sorry it's such a short chapter that's not too needed, but it
might explain a few things later on. ♥️

Added a bit onto this chapter just to fill some things in. I also don't remember when I finished the other part of this chapter, but whatever. And get ready, because I have four of the next chapters done for you to read which I will be publishing soon. Ly! ♥️
11/25/18