Chapter 1: Work

Sabrina:
     Work was so boring. We barely had any customers because of the new store that opened up down the street. I wanted to get a job there, but my crush, Matthew, works there. I'd look uncool staring at him with other people from school working there, staring at me. The artsy, uncool girl Sabrina with the quarterback on the football team. I wanted to be a cheerleader, but I didn't think I would make it on the team, nor did those other girls want me to be. I got bullied by some of those girls for no reason, Matt, well Matthew was one of the only people that stood up for me, along with my best friend, Katie, and some of his friends. I know he's just trying to be nice to me and feels bad that I'm getting bullied, he, no actually, no one, would have a crush on me.
     I start drifting back to reality and realize there's someone standing in front of me on the other side of the register.
     "Oh, sorry!" I say quietly.
     "No problem," she says "not in much of a rush anyway, and you seemed deep in thought and I didn't want to interrupt."
     "Well, thank you." I say ringing up what she's buying. "You're two dollars short." I tell her.
     "Great." she says, "Uh..forget the milk."
     "Nah, I'll pay." I say putting two dollars in the register.
     "Thank you so much!" she says. "I don't have much money to help feed my kids and hire and pay a babysitter."
     "I can babysit for free if you'd like, I babysit all the time so I have lots of experience." I tell her.
     "Really? Thank you so much, you're a lifesaver!"
     "No problem." I write my phone number on a little piece of paper and hand it to her. " Have a nice day!"
     "Thank you! You too." I sigh. Only two more customers came in the next two hours. Maybe I should get a new job. I thought to myself. This place doesn't pay very well anymore or get many customers. Just then I realize it's five and I should start heading home.
More than just my footprints came too.
----------------------------------------------
Hey guys! I hope you're enjoying the book so far even though it isn't much.
It will get creepier soon, I promise. I have a lot planned for this book so stay tuned. I'll try to have another chapter by Friday. ♥️
11/6/18