The Beginning of Our End

"Oh shit" I mutter as I look at the time again. "We're gonna be late!" I yell at my date. Seriously you'd think he was a girl for how long it's taking him to get ready. I mean I'm the one who had to do her makeup, hair, and get into this monstrous dress.

"I'm ready" he announces as he walks out causing me to cringe inside because he looks like some pimp.

Swallowing my distaste I smile and play my part. Telling him he looks good, keeping up small talk on the way there, trying not to throw myself out of the truck the whole time.

Finally we pull into the surprisingly full parking lot and park but before I can open the door my date grabs my hand "wait Carmen, I need to tell you something...." he trails off staring at me as if looking for permission to continue

 "Um ok?" I reply feeling slightly awkward as I know where this is going already. And wondering how to say I'm not interested and how to get it threw his head this time.

"I just want you to know....um well that-" he gets cut off by some crazy girl slamming her hands against his hood, aka my friend Bri.

 "Sup cracker" she yells threw the door of the truck as the awkwardness suddenly disappears "we going in or what?"

Forever grateful for her I jump out of the truck and we all head inside. We can hear music as we open the front doors and I start getting excited. Yes it's prom and yes I'm in a dress and heals, but I'm going to have a blast anyway.

 I go to one of those ghetto schools where we decorate the gym for prom but it isn't too bad. Black, red, and a little tacky but the music seems pretty good and there is more than enough space to dance.

 One of my senior friends runs-as much as one can in heals- up to me "we need pictures I'm paying and we're getting them are you down?’'Cuz I want to have proof I went to my last prom. Oh I love your dress! So pretty. I don't look slutty right? Ha! Of course I don't that was silly of me to ask. Anyways pictures come on let's go!"

Honestly I don't think she took a breath throughout that whole thing. She starts dragging me over to the picture area they've set up when her little brother Jeremiah catches up with us. 

"Nicky slow down they're taking photos all night" he chuckles as she finally releases me and I hide behind him peaking over his shoulder.

She narrows her eyes at him and smirks "yes but they only turn out good if you do them now duh."

Personally I think she's gone nuts but Jeremiah sighs giving in. "there's no point arguing with her you know?" he says to me.

"Yeah, I know" I say as I remember how she'd once asked our English teacher how much he thought about sex just to prove that guys think about it a lot.

 "Yeah...so,” Jeremiah stutters out, "um you look really nice-like prettier than usual, not that you’re not usually pretty 'cuz I mean you are-"

  "Thank you" I say giggling slightly. Looking at his muscular yet lean frame covered in a tux and gorgeous eyes outlined in long dark lashes and those lips! God those luscious lips I think as I unconsciously lick my own. Suddenly I'm completely bewildered that he complimented me or even noticed me at all.

  "Hellooo? Anybody in there?" Bri says waving a hand in front of my face and bringing me back to reality.

 A couple of friends are staring and Bri and Nicky are smirking at me knowingly. Jeremiah looks slightly freaked out.

 I blush-and not the pretty kind but the tomato red whole face kind. I realize I can't cover up what I was doing very well.

 "Sorry guys," I apologize then looking at Jeremiah I grin, “I just got distracted by how sexy you look tonight." Nicky and Bri giggle a little when his cheeks turn a rosy color.         Unable to stop myself I reach up and run my fingers down the side of his face and cup the side of his neck pulling his face closer to mine. I whisper in his ear "I mean how long are you going to tease me before you expect me to just kidnap you for my own pleasure?" I let him go as he stumbles back a step staring wide eyed probably wondering why I'm hitting on him so openly.

 Honestly I'm wondering the same thing as were called up for pictures.