My daughter , my life

This chapter focuses mainly on Hikari.

☯Neji POV☯

Truth be told,the thought of another pink foot crying all night and the lack of sleep made me wonder about our unborn child . However, I sensed Sakura was very worried and I needed to support her . There was no doubt that the child wouldn't make us happy,but I remember the other two pregnancies. Sakura is not an easy person when the moodswings kick in. Luckily I am a patient man. Another thing Sakura told me caught my attention . The problem with my eldest daughter . Now I respect Naruto as Hokage but the lack of faith he has in my daughter's loyalty and integrity is ridiculous . We didn't raise kids who would leave for power and we certainly didn't raise our children to give up on their dreams. If she didn't want to become a tracker then she won't , unless she tells me otherwise. Her dream may be a bit rash but I would be a terrible father if I didn't believe in her. Sakura and I have already devised a plan and I'm sure Hikari is going to love it. Today I'm gonna train with Hikari to see if the plan will work. Don't get me wrong,my wife and I train our children regularly but my duties as clan leader keeps me busy often. Hanabi mostly trains the twins and Chiyo on occasions ,but since she's my second in command as Clan Leader I decided to give her more duties and spend time with my family . I'm still in charge of everything ,but she will just handle more of the smaller details . I'll need more free time once Sakura gets in her second trimester.

I stood face to face with my eldest daughter . Our matching black training clothes and identical hair and eyes made me feel as if I'm staring at my younger self. Then she smiled and all of Sakura's features came to show. I got into a stance and waited for her to do the same. Then I sat down.

Hikari :"Papa! I thought we were training !"

Neji :"We are. I have Fire,water and earth release . Your mother has Yin release, you probably inherited one or more of those from us. I want to see what you chakra release you have."

Hikari :"But Papa...what does this have to do with training ? "

Neji:"More than you think ,sweet pea ."

I gave her some chakra paper and told her to push a small amount of chakra in it. The paper burned,then got wet and crumbled into stone. She has the same chakra natures as me.

Neji :"Good. Has Sasuke learned you how to walk on trees and water yet ?"

Hikari :"Yes,Papa. We did the walking on trees last week. Akemi and I mastered it pretty quickly ,but we had to help Haru."

Neji:"That's good. I see he's fast. Is hasn't even been a month with him and he already did all the basics. Hikari are you sure about being a Sage?"

Hikari :"Papa, I wouldn't say so if I wasn't . It doesn't mean I don't value our clan's skills and techniques . I just want to be someone legendary."

I thought deep and hard about what she said and decided that we will continue with our plan. I dismissed Hikari and went to put on my traditional Hyuga robes. Sakura came out wearing a black and green kimino. You would think she is defenseless with such  a lovely kimono,but underneath she hid a number of weapons and scrolls. We jumped through the trees of the forest to where Orochimaru was supposedly hiding . Standing in front of the opening of the cave we prepared ourselves in case of a battle.

Sakura :"Orochimaru! Come out we know you're here!"

The Snake Sage came out licking his lips. His deathly pale skin glistened in the sharp sun.

Orochimaru :"Tsunade's disciple and a Hyuga clan member. To what do I owe this pleasure ?"

He talked in a slow and snakelike voice . If this works,I hope my daughter doesn't end up looking or talking like him.

Neji :"We come to ask a favor of you."

Orochimaru :"A favor? I wonder what that could be..."

Neji :"We ask of you to train our child and at the age of 17 you shall take her to the Ryucci cave and teach her Sage mode."

Orochimaru :"What makes you think I'm interested in training your child ,hmm?"

Sakura :"In return we shall keep our secret about your artificial child,Mitsuki in our village ."

Orochimaru :"So you know about Mitsuki. Now say I do agree and I kill your child. What then?"

Neji :"You think we would trust you alone with our offspring ? You shall train under the watchful eyes of the whole Hyuga clan. With your weakend body,we could easily kill you if you betray us."

Orochimaru :"Alright. I shall train your child . Not because you blackmailed me,but because I need another protégée . You see your village took all my experiments and I'm prohibited from working on humans . That's why Mitsuki has my blood. Having another human student would be interesting."

Neji:"2 days a week at the Hyuga compound . Be there."

We went home after that. I know you're thinking that a notorious missing-nin isn't allowed in the village ,but you see the Hokage isn't allowed to interfere with any official clan business . That's why they didn't do anything when my clan founders invented the Branch seal. I suppose I owe you an explanation on what happened to the Branch seal. As leader I suggested that the seal shouldn't be used anymore , but to everyone's surprise a lot of people came foward and said they want the seal to continue . For the sake of keeping our bloodline a secret within the clan. I decided that the seal would stay,but it can no longer be activated by the Main Branch members . The seal was altered so it couldn't hurt the person anymore ,but only seals off the byakugan by death. All Hyuga members have the new seal but it only activates upon death. We now bear the symbol of our clan when it's activated. A small yin yang on your forehead .

We walked to the Hokage tower to speak with Naruto. I'm certain he would be mad but it isn't his decision to make. He was surprised to see us dressed formally and in his office . Even if we still get together as friends , we try not to interfere with each other's jobs.

Naruto :"Neji! Sakura-chan! What are you doing here?"

Sakura :"We came to tell you the deal we made with Orochimaru"

Naruto :"You made a deal with Orochimaru? Sakura-chan,you know as Hokage I can't allow that."

Neji :"Orochimaru shall be training Hikari two days a week. Tell the guards to let him in . If you want you can have them accompany him to our compound. Other than that,this is none of your concern ."

Naruto :"He is a fugitive and he caused a lot of destruction to our village . The only reason we don't hunt him anymore is because he doesn't do experiments anymore."

Neji :"Our clan made a pact with this village . You give us a place to stay and we offer you our services as shinobi . Now we have been nothing but loyal to this village and we would never do anything to harm this village . It's your time to trust us."

Naruto :"You are asking a lot ,but I'll allow it. Not because I think what you're doing is right,but because I trust you can divert any problems if any comes to show."

Sakura:"Thank you ,Hokage-sama."

We prepared ourselves to exit the building when Naruto stopped us at the door.

Naruto:"Hey! We're having a dinner at my house tomorrow . I'll see you there."

End of this chapter