Chapter 7

Amber -

I was sitting at my desk drinking my coffee when my phone rang. I looked smiling the minute I saw Jayceon's name flash across my screen.

"Hi sweetheart," I said as I answered.

"Hey beautiful you free?" He asked.

"Yeah I'm on break baby what's up,"

"Nothing much just got through filing some paper I gotta pick the kids up in a few minutes, just wanted to talk to you I haven't seen you in a few days,"

"Aww you miss me," I chuckled.

"Maybe maybe not," he laughed.

"Don't play with me Jayceon Terrell Taylor," I said to him.

"Damn that just sounded sexy," he smiled through the phone.

"I bet, but what are you doing tonight babe I wanna see you,"

"I was going out with the guys tonight Kendrick wanna go to the strip club," he said.

"Oh okay well go on and have fun babe," I said sadly, I didn't know why but I was upset but I was. The thought of him watching other women when he could be watching me pissed me off.

"You don't want me to go do you?" He asked me.

"I don't care really," I said irritated.

"Baby really, if you don't want me to go I won't," he said.

"No baby go have fun with your boys I'll see you tomorrow,"

"Alright boo, love you," I hung up sighing feeling hungry I grabbed my purse and my jacket. I clocked out for break and then I went across the street to Chipotle. I decided on getting a chicken bowl and a small sprite. After paying for my food I sat down to eat, I put my headphones in and started eating.

****

Jayceon -

"Come on Mann," Kendrick said annoyed.

"I know bro I know how much you much you wanted to go but I can't go Kendrick," I said into the phone.

"Iight bro maybe we can hang next weekend," he said back.

"Alright cool," he hung up and I grabbed my coat leaving the office. I went to Walmart and got all of Ambers favorite snacks, I picked up some movies, and I figured tonight we would order Chinese food or something. After leaving Walmart, I went and picked up the kids dropping them off at mamas.

"You and Amber have been hanging out a lot lately, is something going on there the I should know about?" My momma asked smiling.

"Yeah I'm really feeling her ma," I said back.

"Alright just be careful keep your guard up, you're a good man son and some of these women out here are  scandalous," she said in a warning voice.

"Mama Amber ain't like that, I mean she's real, the kids love her, and I mean I'm ready to ask her to be my girl," I said confident. Everything I was saying was true. Amber was amazing, the kids loved her they were always coming up with excuses just for me to let them see her. Especially King he was always thinking of shit.

He gave me a dope idea for tonight though. I was going to surprise Amber when I pick her up in her brand new Mercedes Benz. Amber wasn't that into cars but she told me she was saving up for a Benz it was her dream car.

Baby girl had been working hard non stop. Along with tutoring Harlem, she had taken up two other students, plus she was overloading her self with grading papers. So every night I found myself either at home or at her house helping her get her lesson plans done and grade papers.