Chapter 5

Amber -

"Good morning sleepy head," Jayceon smiled as I came in the kitchen.

"Good morning, hmmm you made eggs?" I asked him.

"Yeah and bacon that didn't burn," he said as we laughed. He fixed me and the kids a plate and we ate together. Five minutes and I was getting irritated by the cursing.

"Okay okay, Jayce, you can't curse and expect them not too," I said.

"I always say that but nobody listens to California," Cali said.

"My bad Amber," Jayceon said.

"Sorry Amber," the boys said.

"Daddy can we go to Dave and Busters tonight?" Cali asked.

"Yeah daddy please?" King pleaded.

"And can Amber come with us?" Harlem asked. Jayceon looked at me and I smiled.

"It's up to you?" He smiled.

"I don't mind," I laughed.

"Alright then, tonight it is," he smiled. After we ate I helped him clean up and he dropped me off at home. I laid in bed and got some rest until later on tonight.

*****

Jayceon -

The kids had been bugging me all day about getting Amber some roses or some type of gift for tonight. I noticed that she was always wearing purple jewelry, so I went to the mall and got her a purple pendant.

"She's gonna like it Daddy," Harlem smiles.

"Yeah she is," California said.

"Guys I want to talk to you about something," I said sitting on the couch.

"About What Daddy?" California asked as she sat on my lap.

"I really like Amber," I said.

"We do too daddy," they all said.

"I mean like her like her what y'all say now," I laughed.

"Dad we are well educated on how relationships go," Cali said. I chuckled.

"Oh really?" I asked.

"Yes daddy you meet the person tell them you like them become friends then you become good friends, then you become real good friends, and then you get married," she said. I couldn't help but laugh.

"So you guys wouldn't be mad if I became real good friends with her?" I asked.

"No, we love Amber," Cali said.

"Yeah and if you haven't noticed, were always trying to get guys together," King grinned.

"Oh yeah really," I said grabbing him and tickling him.

"Alright y'all go get dressed," I said. The kids ran upstairs and so did I. I got in the shower and started getting dressed. I wanted to look good for Amber but I didn't know what to wear.

*****

Amber -

I was sitting down doing my make up when Ashley came and plopped down on my bed. "Where you going?" She asked me.

"To Dave and Busters with Jayce and the kids," I said

"Ooooo Jayceon," she teased me.

"Shut up," I said as we laughed.

"Hey he is fine I want you to go for it," she laughed.

"We're just friends right now," I said.