Chapter Three: Country Style Fair

;Dallas's POV;

My alarm went off at 7:45 a.m. and it was beginning to hive me a headache the longer I let it ring so I pressed the off button but didn't get up. Today was the day of the big Deville fair and I wasn't in the mood to go after work but I promised Noah I'd stop buy his little kissing booth he had going on to help him out. I dragged myself out of bed and and thought of all the events that went on at the fair. You have the booths, the rides, and the food. I stopped going to these things when I was fifteen but I did make appearances here in there and it usually ended with me being escorted out by the cops but not this year. I pulled on a red, blue, and white plaid button up and pulled on my pants and boots without button either my shirt or pants I grabbed the sugar I borrowed for Madison and took it back to her house. I ruffled my hair and knocked on the door and moments later it opened.

"Mornin'I just came to bring you back your sugar and thanks again for letten'me use it" I told her and she smiled and took it from my hands  and I could see her eyes run over me.

"Your welcome and do you know your clothes are umm... a bit undone?" she asked and I chuckled.

"Yes I do I just got dressed and I didn't want to forget to return your sugar so I rushed over" I told her in honesty and I buttoned my shirt up half way and zipped and buttoned my jeans and belt.

"So are your parents here yet?" I asked her and she sat the sugar on the floor and came out side and shut the door behind her.

"Nope they called this morning and said they had to stay a little longer for work so it's just me but i'm 17 now I'm a big girl and I can take care of myself, but what about you? where are your parents? I've been here 24 hours and I haven't see any people go in and out of your place except a lady and little Noah oh and you" she said and I leaned against the rail.

"No parents my dad was a shitty old drunk and my mom died 9 years ago" I told her and her smiled faded but I kept mine.

"Oh my so sorry again I didn't know" she said and I chuckled.

"It's alright" I said and she smiled a little as if a load had been taking off her shoulders.

"Okay good, so wheres your brother? I'd love to meet him Noah is the sweetest little guy in the world" she said and I smiled and thought about Dylan.

"well I don't think you'll be able to meet'em but I'll tell him you asked about'em but I gotta get going work calls" I told her and began walking away but stopped.

"What are you doing around 8 o'clock tonight?" I asked her turning around.

"Nothing probably unpacking boxes why?" she asked and I smiled to myself.

"Have you ever been to a country fair?" I asked and she smiled and shooke her head.

"No" she repiled and I raised an eyebrow.

"Have you been to any fair before?" I asked and her smile got bigger and her face got red as she covered her face.

"No is that bad?" she asked and I laughed.

"No it's not but your going tonight so be ready I'll pick you up at 8 " I told her and I jogged across the street to my place before she cold say no and I went inside and grabbed my phone and wallet and headed to my truck. I got inside and drove off and waved Madison goodbye until I couldn't see her in my rear-view mirror anymore.

I made it to work on time and as soon as I got out of my truck I went inside and began working on the car I had promised I'd get done by the afternoon. A couple hours in I got a texts from a buddy of mine.

Tonight

Frost Road

1K

I didn't reply I just put my phone away and finished on the car and when I was done I went to Joe's office and asked if I could take off early.

"You wanna do what Dallas?" he asked and I rolled my eyes because I know he heard me the first time I asked.

"Can I take off early I need to go get ready for the fair" I told him and he laughed.

"You? the Fair? boy you ain't going to no fair you hate those things! what do you really wanna take off for?" he asked and I balled my fist up and took a deep breath.

"Look i'm taking off I'm going to the fair and if you don't believe me show up and you ll see me there" I told him wiping my hands a towel to get the oil off.

"Oh yeah?... okay who you taking to this fair then? if your going then there's gotta be a good reason" he said sitting up from his chair and his fat belly hitting his desk.

"A friend why does it matter?" I asked and I looked at him disgustingly. He was really a pig and I wish I wasn't related to him.

"It's that new girl that done moved down here from the city aint it? she moved in right across from you I heard" he said I grabbed my keys from the hook.

"Look I'm going okay I finished the car it's noon and I had no other cars to work on"  I told him annoyed now and he smiled.

"It is ain't it? don't go toyin' with that girl ya hear me Dallas? shes a bit on the young side I hear and your about to turn 19 this year and you know the laws here " he said and I walked out as he spoke. I got into my truck and drove off as quickly as possible before I did something that put me in jail.

; Madison's POV;

I've been looking threw all my clothes trying to find something to wear tonight and I knew everything I had would make me stand out. I'm not your typical New Yorker when it came to confidence but my clothes were defiantly screamed your from the big apple. I finally found a nice top and shorts and decided it would be best to keep it simple because its a fair and I pulled out the cutest sandals I could find but that would also match. I got dressed and spent at least an hour trying to figure out what to do with my hair so I went for straightening it and only put a little make up on. When I was done it was around 7:55 and I began to get even more nervous then I was earlier and I knew I didn't have the guts to back down.

I heard a knock at the door and I grabbed my phone and went to open and I was surprsied to see a very clean Dallas waiting.

"Well you clean up nice" I said smiling and stepping out on to the porch and shutting the door behind me.

"Thanks I try you clean up nice too you actually look better in clothes then a towel or pajamas" he said and I laughed.

"Thanks I try also" I said and I looked behind him at his truck. It wasn't a piece of crap but it didn't look like my BMW convertible either.

"Nice truck" I said as he walked me to it and opned the door for me.

"Ahh she's pretty messed up but it was my moms so she's not going anywhere anytime soon I have another car but that's for other things" he said as I got in and he shut the door.

"Other things? like what?" I asked as he got into the truck and drove off.

"Just stuff" he said and I smiled.

"I get it you've got the whole southern bad boy mysterious thing going on here" I told him and we both laughed.

"Yeah I guess you can call it that" he said and we parked in a small dirt parking lot and got out. There were a lot of lights and rides from what I can see and for a small town tons of people. The music was loud and live but it was pretty cool to me.

"Sha'll we?" he asked opening his arm to me and I looped mine with his and we walked into the crowed festivities.