7 // truth.

when luke woke up, all he could hear was voices, chattering voices and a sanitary smell that pricked his nose.

"so you're awake," luke opened his eyes, to see his neighbour, anne marie talking to him. luke rubbed his forehead. "what happened?"

"hell if i know," anne marie rolled her eyes. "all i know is silence, then i called the police. they busted in there and found you bleeding out. the culprit wasn't even there. she'd escaped."

the...culprit? suddenly, luke remembered. lily had unintentionally stabbed him, or at least it had seemed that way. where was she now?

"how long have i been asleep?" luke asked.

"they say you were unconscious for a few days now. but your injuries are minor."

anne marie excused herself then. she said she'd be back with a visitor. the second she left, luke dived towards a bag containing his belongings, that the doctors had left.

a shooting pain went through his stomach, and he convulsed, but picked up the bag anyway.

his phone was ringing.

"hello?"

"luke...he tricked me!" a voice whispered. "robbie tricked me...he said we were going to live together. that with all our money, we would be happy...but he has no intention of keeping me...alive.."

it was lily. the words were hard to process. "and you called me because?"

"i'm sorry, okay? i did what i had to do. but you have to help me...i don't want to die. if you help me put this to an end..."

luke heard footsteps on the other line.

"i'll give you all the money he has," lily spat. "i promise."

the line went dead.

soon, anne marie was back, with a boy around luke's age.

luke spent a few minutes trying to convince the boy to help him, but he seemed uninterested, and after receiving a phone call, left in a hurry.

luke was alone.

again.