6 // anne marie.

luke licked his dry lips. honeymoon, or 'lily', stood up slowly, pulling a large knife from her back pocket.

"i don't want to do this, luke," lily whispered, her eyes filling up with tears. luke found his voice was coming back to him.

"don't," he suddenly replied, taking lily aback. "don't do it. don't kill me. okay?"

lily came closer. she seemed genuinely apologetic, but that didn't excuse her. it didn't excuse her at all. "i have to," she whispered, her voice hoarse. "i have to."

luke's voice dropped to a hushed tone. "i helped you, okay? and in return, all i'm asking is that you don't kill me. i'll forget all about you. just let me live."

lily brought a hand to her forehead, her breaths short and ragged. luke outstretched his hand. "give me the knife."

"get away from me!" lily screamed, and luke stepped back harshly.

it was silent. and then a small knock came from the front door.

"everything okay?" a muffled voice talking behind the door. it was luke's neighbour, a woman named anne marie. "everything's fine," luke called back.

lily walked forward, and luke backed up, right into his coffee table. he grabbed lily's arm as he fell backwards, and she fell forward, landing on him.

the impact was enough to make luke shudder. but that wasn't the only problem. he looked at lily. her eyes were wide and frightened. he groaned, before feeling a sharp pain in his stomach.

glancing down, a spot of blood was visible beneath his shirt, a knife wedged in. the blood was spreading across his shirt, his sight blackening as his head dropped back to the floor with a thud, his eyes closing.