Damn

Miles POV

"So, Miles, tell me more about yourself." Kelly's father looks at me.

"George, whatcha saying, he's our daughter's future-groom!" Kelly's mom retorts.

I glaze at Kelly as she stands up and walks away. "I ain't hungry anymore," she says, striding out of the room. I know she's upset; and I can't stand that, whatsoever.

I giggle and walk out too. I stare at her, sitting on the edge of the swimming pool. "Go away, Miles!" She wails. I sit beside her.

"Too late, princess!" I grin. She looks at me with tears stuffing her eyes. I wanna cry now; I cannot stand it anymore. I creep closer and grasp her in my arms. She cries in my chest.

"You didn't have to do that, Miles!" She mumbles between her tears.

"I know, but I just wanted to. How can you even think I don't care?!" I giggle.

"I'm sorry, but I just don't feel.....being in love with you."

It breaks my heart into pieces. A tear fills my eye as I say, "Then don't marry me..."

Kelly's POV

What the heck? Don't marry me? Wow, I did not know he cared.

I pull apart from his warm arms and look at him. He surely has tears in his eyes. I thank him and walk back to the house. But something's not right; I look back at him as he silently sits there and sighs.

It feels so weird. It's like I wanna marr__....Wait, what am I thinking?! I don't wanna marry him, not at all! But I can't just be so rude to walk away without any sympathy! 

"Hey, Miles?" I call out to him and he turns at me. "Maybe you can still expect an answer from me about this marriage thing and all. You know that I won't really say 'yes', but....well, it wouldn't hurt to expect it, right?" 

A well-known, damn smirk grows on his face. However this time, I feel like sneering too. I shrug and march towards the door; but take a last glimpse at him as he watches my smirk on the lips. 

"Don't stay up the whole night, boy. We've school tomorrow!" I grin and run away.

"Sure, 'princess'!" he laughs as he strides to his home. 

Huh, maybe he's not that bad after all...

Miles POV

Lovely babe, that's what I should have called her. I can't wait for the day to come when she'll say 'yes' and kiss me with all her might. 

And I know, someday, that will happen. SOMEDAY.

I knock at the door and my dad opens it. He frowns and pushes me aside as he marches off out.

"Dad, where are ya goin'?" I ask.

"Shut up, kid, I ain't your dad anymore!" he cries.

I rush inside the house to find mom crying. "H-he cheated, Miles! He cheated with me!" mom wails.

"What the fuck are you talking, ma?!" 

"Today I found a black-lacey bra in his underwear drawer. I thought it was mine, but then I noticed a big boobed chick's pic in his wallet. He screwed with a twenty year old, Miles. He fucked up!"

Dad is...a cheater?

I sit beside mom and watch her closely. This is something I'll never do when Kelly and I will be together. Never...