Tears Of A Wolf: The Blood Of The Innocent

Chapter 1: Meeting Of The Moon And Sun

I slowly licked the blood of my snow white paws. The plump fur was tangled together and I worked the knots loose with my tongue.

When I was finished I carelessly flicked the dead rabbit at my feet, out of my way. I wasn't going to bother burying it. A lone fox or something will probably come to eat the carcass.

I stood up and shook out my fur. I shivered slightly as a breeze blew over me. With a last flick of my head I started to run. My big paws hit the ground hard and my head was lowered. I was running faster than any other creature on earth.

My nose was pointed at the silver moon, showing my path. I was a lone wolf. Never stopping. Never fearing. I smiled a wolfish grin as I thought about the privileges of being a rouge. I never did have to listen to an Alpha.

Not that they would have any control over me. I had Alpha blood in me. It wasn't in me to obey. I kept running. I didn't know where I was going. I just ran until I couldn't run anymore. I decided to have a conversation with my inner wolf.

 Hello, anyone home?

I heard my inner wolf grumble softly. She hated it when I talked when we ran, but could you really blame me. I lived in the woods. I never talked to anyone but her. That and the occasional Alpha when I went over their border.

 Stop your moaning. I want to talk to someone. I'm lonely.

Oh you're lonely eh? Go stick your head into a bee nest. I bet there is someone just buzzing with excitement to talk to you.

I snorted at her and shook my big wolf head.

 If I stick my head into a bee nest you are going to suffer with me.

I turned my head slightly to watch the moon make its slow descend into the oncoming daylight.

 We have to sleep.

I told my inner wolf. She stirred inside of me and looked at the disappearing moon. When you're running the time sure does fly. She sighed and lay down.

Find a clearing were we can nap. I don't think I want to stay in these trees any longer.

I could agree more. I instantly started to look for a patch of bright light in between the pine trees.

I finally found a spot and headed for it. It lead me to an open field that had tiny rose bushes settled every here and there. I was slightly confused but couldn't care less. I found myself a comfy looking patch of grass near the tree lines and lay down.

I was close to a pair of deep red rose bushes. I loved the smell of them and turned over to be closer to them. My white fur probably stuck out like a sore thumb, but I was way too tired to even care. I closed my eyes and let myself drift off into a slumber.

KurumanChick (Soon a new name) xoxo