Legends never die

It's as if your bond with Soundwave completely took over your body. You both were in sync, dodging shots and dealing devastating blows at the blink of an eye.

You never felt more alive.

Once the battle was done and the energon was spilled, you felt different. The Autobots were no match for the master of stealth and disguise, and adding in you as his adversary, he was unstoppable.

As you cleaned your paws free of energon, he stayed silent for a moment. The sounds of battle still echoed in his processor because he recorded most of it by habit. Silent and observant, as always.

You felt the drain of power from your overwhelmed systems and you desperately wanted to recharge. You tilted your head up to Soundwave and purred to get his attention. "We should get back to the Nemesis. We're vulnerable out here."

Soundwave simply nodded without a word, starting to walk off into the forest.

You went to follow him, but a sharp stabbing pain in your flank sent you to the ground. You didn't realize that you had a large gash that ripped across your underbelly, exposing the sensitive circuitry and important organs within your frame. Energon pooled around you and leaked out of your jaw as you writhed in pain.

Soundwave noticed that you weren't following and turned around. If he had a real face, a look of horror would appear on it. He darted over to you and knelt on the ground, trying to find a way to help.

"Soundwave..." you moaned, sinking your claws into the soft earth. "I.... I don't want to die... I just.. found you..." your optics flickered and you hissed, fighting against the coming darkness. There was no way you were going to die at the hand of the Autobots.

"Lack in confidence.... substantial amounts of... anger and fear.." Soundwave's low voice was quavering in fear, and that scared you. His feelers came out of his chest and began repairing you while he called to the Nemesis for pick up.

The last think you saw before the darkness overcame you was Soundwave staring hopelessly at you.

You couldn't imagine the fear that was deep in his spark as he looked at you. You felt horrible.

-On the Nemesis-

"Where is Soundwave?! I need him." Megatron growled at Knockout, who was busy looking at a datapad.

"He hasn't left Y/N's side for hours, my liege. I don't think he ever will." Knockout replied, sighing as he set the datapad down on the table before him.

"Why not? I thought you said Y/N was stable?" Megatron lowered his voice, his optics narrowing.

"She is, but I'm not sure how her systems will handle this intake of new energon. Cassettes are a tricky one, that's for sure. I'll update you if anything changes." Knockout huffed, turning around and walking back into the Medbay.

Megatron growled in annoyance, turning sharply on his heel and storming down the hallway. His communications chief was distracted by some fruitless task, leaving him to do what he needed to be done.

-Medbay-

Soundwave hadn't moved from his spot by your medberth for hours. He just stared and watched, hoping for something good to happen.

He knew that you were stable.

He knew that you were technically alright and he could leave whenever he wanted to.

But something in the back of his processor was nagging him, begging him to stay and keep watch. Knockout had told him countless times that you were okay and he could go do something else, but he didn't listen.

He didn't need energon to function right now, he needed you. You filled that gap of loneliness in his spark that he desperately wanted to get rid of. He wasn't about to lose you, not this time.

He heard Knockout enter the Medbay and have a conversation with Breakdown, but he didn't bother glancing over his shoulder. He was fixed on watching the screen that showed your vitals stabilizing slowly.

He jumped slightly when Knockout touched his shoulder and he turned his head to look at him. "Diagnosis?" He repeated for the tenth time in that particular cycle, the worry in his spark constantly growing and growing.

Knockout sighed and rubbed his optics. He glanced at you and then your vitals, confirming that they were still the same. "Soundwave I told you this already. She is fine and recovering well. It will be a while until she wakes up. You should go get some rest."

Soundwave felt some relief when Knockout said that. He finally relaxed, allowing his shoulders to sag a bit in exhaustion. "Recharge required. Returning in 4.5 megacycles." He droned, turning on his heel and lumbering out the door.

Knockout sighed in relief as well, glad that he finally persuaded Soundwave to leave. His presence was quite eerie in a dimly lit Medbay such as that one. He felt chills go down his backstrut every time he passed by him on the way to get something.

But hey, at least he left and went to get some rest.