Birthday Cake

Imani's P.O.V

"Babygirl wake up" someone whispered in my ear.

I clashed my eyebrows together and popped my eyes open. Diggy hovered over me wearing nothing but his boxers. The aroma of bacon filled the air and making my stomach talk. I was still laying on the couch from our previous night of movie watching. He bit his lip and kissed my forehead gently. A smile spread across my face and I sighed.

"Morning birthday girl" he said kissing my forehead once more.

"Morning" I replied scratching my eyes. "What time is it?"

"It's almost ten" he responded. "Now get up"

I sucked my teeth and pushed him away from me. He giggled and grabbed my hand, guiding me into the kitchen. He handed me a plate with bacon, eggs, and toast.

"Damn when did you learn to cook!?!" I exclaimed.

"I always knew how to cook!" he yelled back.

I pursed my lips together and crossed my arms.

"Aight my mom taught me a few weeks ago" he said.

I laughed and grabbed my plate and took it into the living room.

"Nope come to the balcony" he said motioning me to follow him.

I looked around from side to side and then followed closely behind him onto the balcony. And man was it gorgeous. There was a glass table sitting on the balcony surrounded by millions of species of flowers. In the middle of the table was a pitcher filled to the brim with orange juice. Diggy smiled proudly and ushered me to my seat. He was such a trip. He pulled the seat out for me and the pushed me back under the table. He took a seat across from me and before I could even coo and get girly on him, he was already eating. I shook my head and started to eat along with him.

The sun was high and shining beautifully in a cloudless sky. The birds chirped and sang to their families and not a pigeon was in sight. It was as if God was sure to make my birthday a beautiful day just for me.

"So after we eat go get dressed and then we'll go shopping" he said with a mouth full of bacon.

"Just me and you?" I asked.

"Not exactly" he answered.

I cocked my head back and took a bite out of my buttered toast. He winked at me and finished off his eggs.

"We haven't been eating for ten minutes and you already done" I said shaking my head.

"I was hungry" he laughed.

"You mean greedy" I replied.

He narrowed his eyes at me and then sipped his orange juice.

After we finished eating, I ran upstairs to the master bathroom and began my morning methodical making sure to do it well. I can't be dirty on my birthday. Diggy went into the shower after me, allowing myself to change without him staring. I changed into a white off the shoulder top, neon pink shorts, neon pink and white Nikes, white hoop earrings, and a white G-Shock.

As soon as it hit noon and I was just about to get on twitter, my phone blew up with texts, mentions, DM's, and phone calls. My mother was the first to call me, then my dad, then my step dad, then my step mom, my aunts, uncles, cousins, and friends were all calling one after another not giving me at least a minute in between to respond to a text. It was as if they were all in the same place giving the okay to each other to call me.

"Babygirl you ready to go?" Diggy asked.

He was standing in front of me and I was too encompassed in my own thoughts to notice. He was wearing a red tee, black skinnies, red and black Jordan 25's, a black diamond chain, and a Heat snap back.