Chapter 4

Tired.

That's how I felt when I heard my alarm going off. It was basically impossible for me to get some sleep after everything that's happened so I just sighed while turning off the alarm clock that was on the bedside table. They must have set it off for me beforehand because I sure as hell didn't, also, they took my phone away from me so I was completely relying in my biological alarm to get up at the accorded time.

I got up deciding it's not time for me yet to dwell in my sadness so I got into the shower, brushed my teeth and got dressed up. The highlight of this academy until now it's definitely the uniform, it looked good on me, I think that's good right?

Once I was ready I sat on the bed waiting for the person who was supposed to take me to my classroom. Would it be too greedy from me to expect that someone to be nice?

I catched my breath as soon as I heard a knock on the door, I could feel my palms sweating out of nervousness because right now it would officially start. My life inside The Academy.

I walked towards the door and opened it slowly, I definitely didn't expect to be face to face with a girl around my age. She was truly beautiful with a white skin at least one tone lighter than mine, she seemed like a porcelain doll. Her hair was loose and straight around three inches below her shoulders, and it was so black that made her look even whiter. Icy blue eyes stared right into my hazel ones. I got stuck there.

Her eyes were hard and cold, completely void of emotions.

"Are you going to stare at me all day or you actually have the ability to move?" She said in a heavy English accent without changing her expression at all.

"Sorry, I'm Ava Hepburn! It's a pleasure to meet you." I said offering her my hand for a handshake, instead she looked at it as if it were infected and didn't make a move to grab it, so I lowered my hand and tried to smile at her. "I assume you're the one who will show me around, right?"

"If by showing you around you mean take you to your homeroom then yes. I will." She said already turning around and walking away.

I quickly closed the door to my room and followed her towards the elevator.

"Wait! They also told me you were going to explain to me a little bit about my schedule and everything." I said as we got into the elevator.

"So you don't know how to read? It's written in it."

"Of course I know how to read." I sighed, this will be harder than I thought. "Anyway, what's your name?"

"Charlotte Bellamy."

"You have a beautiful name! You also seem to be around my age, how old are you? Are we in any class together?"

"Noisy. I just know we're in the same homeroom, I don't know about the rest of your schedule and I don't care about knowing either so you can fold it again." She said without looking at me when she realized I was already getting my schedule out. I sighed once again as we went out of the elevator and left the girls dorm.

We walked in silence until we reached a huge building, I think this is the main one because it's the biggest and it's got this castle-like built. Charlotte kept walking until we were in front on a two door composed entry.

"This, is where your hell will start." She whispered as she entered the classroom leaving me dumbfounded. What did she mean with that?

I shrugged my shoulders and went in.

The classroom was incredibly huge, there was a white board that reached from one extreme to the other, there were shared desks and even though they were large enough to fit 4 people I noticed there were being used for pairs.

"Everyone, this is Ava. She starts today." Said Charlotte completely emotionless. I looked at everyone that was inside the classroom, they all seemed to be around my age. I counted them quickly and realized we were a total of 16.

"Nice to meet you everyone! I hope we ca get to be friends." I smiled at them, and they all looked at me as if I was an outsider, someone who didn't belong.

And that's exactly how I felt.

"Where's the teacher?" I asked again when no one said anything, they all raised their eyebrows at me as if what I said just now was something completely out of line and stupid.

"Who the hell is this idiot? I thought they only took geniuses." Said a boy in the back.

"We don't have homeroom teacher, Ava. Homeroom is self-study time or to plan things out." Replied a girl in a small voice, but I wasn't able to catch who was it. There was an awkward silence until Charlotte sighed and mutter something under her breath.

"Anyway," She started catching everyone's attention. "They told me she's being assigned to share desk with Blake." She looked at me and signaled to a desk in the left corner of the room. "Is that one. Move."

I could see the face of astonishment of everyone in the classroom as I walked towards my desk, but no one said anything. When I got to my desk I noticed there was a dark-haired boy already seating there, resting his chin in his hand and looking completely uninterested.

"I thought we were assigned desk partners with the same IQ level as us." Said an obnoxious girl that was seated in the front, she had curly blonde hair and tanned skin.

"We do, Bella." Said Charlotte walking towards her desk. She sat down next to a pale boy with light brown hair and friendly face.

"Then why is she sitting next to Langman? He's got the highest IQ among us." She raised her eyebrow at Charlotte.

"Seems like it's not like that anymore." Replied Charlotte looking unbothered while getting a book out of her bag. Everyone raised their eyebrows at her, and then at me. I felt so intimidated I was unable to keep my head up so I looked down at my hands.

I felt someone walking towards me so I raised my head and saw a somehow friendly looking tanned girl with wavy brown hair, her creamy brown eyes lighting up a little when she spoke to me.

"Hello Ava, my name is Alanna Lively, and this is Daisuki Takahashi." She pointed towards the Asian looking boy besides her.

"Nice to meet you both!" I smiled at them.

"So what's your IQ?" She asked me her smile dropping down.

That made me uncomfortable, it's always awkward for me when someone asks me so directly. "Why do you want to know?"

"In here your IQ it's part of the presentation, mine is 277!" She smiled proudly.

"And mine is 278." Said Daisuki. "That's why Alanna is my partner, in here they associate you to people with the same IQ level as yours." He shrugged.

I looked at the boy next to me, but he was looking the other way. If what Daisuki said is true, then this boy's IQ is pretty darn high.