Chapter 3

I tried my best not to look impressed by the magnificent building in front of me, I truly, deeply refuse to give the man standing beside me the satisfaction of seeing me gawking at the fancy prison they wanted to get me into.

He grew tired of waiting for a reaction coming from me, so he turned to the Academy again and started talking. We were in front of the gates. They were enormous, in a rich gold color with a lot of swirling details in the upper part. "We'll wait here at the entrance until Professor Fitzroy comes to get you."

I raised my eyebrow at him, did he expect me to know who the hell he was referring to?

"And you're supposed to be the smart one." He definitely got the message.

I didn't respond. I just stood quietly waiting for the man who was supposed to come outside for me.

No more than 10 minutes later I could hear the sound of a gate opening. I turned towards the direction of the sound and saw the gigantic golden gate opening up, a medium height blond man came walking towards us. He had a sarcastic smile on and I felt chills running down my arms. This place really gives out bad vibes.

"Well isn't it lovely to meet you, Ava. I'm professor Francois Fitzroy and I'm in charge of taking you to the admission office to officialize your enrollment." He said that as if they were good news. Once again, I didn't say anything in return and just followed him inside The Academy grounds.

With each step I grew even more shocked than before. This was definitely a beautiful hell. It was full of green areas, fountains adorning each side of the main park. There was so much to see, so many details, that it was hard for me to keep track on everything that was surrounding me.

We kept walking for 15 long minutes until we reached a small building. It seemed like just an extension, since it wasn't directly connected to anything else and was located in what I assumed was a secluded area inside the campus. But then again, this place was so huge that everything would seem secluded.

Mr. Fitzroy knocked on a beautifully carved mahogany door, his knocked followed by a soft buzzing sound which opened the door. He signaled for me to follow him and so I did, until we were in front of an older lady typing on an expensive looking computer.

"Good morning, my sweet Ophelia. Here I brought Ava with me so we can start with the enrollment."

"So you finally got your claws on her, huh?" She asked him without bothering to look away from the computer as she kept typing.

"You know me well, it wasn't me. I could never be bothered to such extents as to go around the world hunting for students." He pushed me forwards. "Now Ava, don't be rude. Introduce yourself to Ophelia." Now he looked at her as she finally stopped typing. "I swear this will be a tough one, as they tell me she hasn't uttered a single word since she got out of her house."

Ophelia ignored him completely turning her full attention towards me. She was studying me that much I could tell. Her cat-like eyes scanning my whole body, from head to toe, and stopping in my face, locking eyes with me. She raised her eyebrow making even more winkles appear in her face, waiting for me to say something. I finally did.

"I'm Ava. Let's make this quick, please."

Mr. Fitzroy faked a laugh as he patted my arm, which really angered me but I didn't let it show. I want this whole enrollment to be over with.

"Now Ophelia, let's hurry with the procedure so I can show her the dorm."

Ophelia nodded and stated typing again, later on she printed some papers and turned to me. "This will be your schedule. You start tomorrow and every additional information will be given to you during the course of the day."