Chapter 4

Short, but you'll love the ending!!

Chapter Four. ****************************************************************************

*Harry's POV* (rare occurrence! :D)

As I pulled up to Lana's house I immediately knew something wasn't right. Her house was very pleasant, but it was clear that it was not well taken care off. Her shrubs had grown to the bottoms of the windows, completely uneven. Her grass was nearly covering the driveway, and the shutters all looked dry rotted. In the driveway, accompanied by the grass, was a very small old car. I snuck a peak out of the corner of my eyes to Lana.

Her face was downcast, and I thought I saw tears seeping their way to her eyes. Quickly she blinked, and looked up. Her mouth was set in a hard line, determination gracing her beautiful face.

"Sorry about this. Mum never has time to work in the yard, and I'm either at school or work." she said, throwing me a small smile.

She looked shaken, so as she reached for the door handle, I grabbed her hand, stopping her.

"It's alright." I told her. "So do you want me to come get you later, or..."

I trailed off, hoping she would say she wanted to stay the night ith us again. In such short amount of time, I had grown so attached to her. I figured she didn't really want to be at her house, because she had told us she was almost always at Jenny's.

"N-no." she spoke softly. "I have our number, I'll give you a call in the morning." with that, she grabbed her back to move once again out of the car.

"Lana?" I spoke, not sure what possessed me to speak.

She turned, her figure half out of the car. Her dark, soft curls of hair crammed her face and fell from behind her ears. Her wonderfully light brown eyes looked at me, as wide and young as that of a child who had been caught doing something wrong.

Slowly, I brought my hand to her face, brushing her hair behind her ear. I heard her breath catch in her throat, and fought back a smile. Her hair felt like satin against my flushed skin. Her eyes searched my face and I leaned in and planted a soft, delicate kiss on her cheek.

I whispered, "Be careful."

With this, I slowly leaned back in my seat. Her eyes had grown wider, and we're staring at me with a burning intensity. She quickly gathered herself and smiled, getting out of the car. Before she closed the door, she leaned in.

"I will, stop being such a worry wart." she winked at me, and closed the door. I watched as she made her way to the front door of her home, shook her head, paused a moment, and went inside.

I watched the door a moment more, then put the car into reverse and backed out of her driveway, leaving to go back to the hotel.

I knew Liam was right when he said it was a bad idea to go through with the fake dating. From the moment I held her shaking figure as she sobbed into my chest that night, I knew that there was something special about her. I wasn't so sure what, and I still wasn't. But something was burning inside her, waiting to get out.

I was going to help her with that, I knew that. I was already starting to feel for her enough.

I slammed on the brake and swore loudly as I almost ran a red light. I laughed to myself and ran a hand through my hair. That girl would be the death of me.

Suddenly a loud scream filled the car and I nearly jumped out of my skin, sighing in relief as I remembered it was my phone, set on default. I gently pressed on the gas as the light turned green. Taking one hand of the wheel, I looked over and grabbed my phone from the center console, frowning as I didn't recognize the number.