Special Chapter

Frying Pan

You anxiously watched him. His forehead was dripping with sweat, both from the heat and from the nerves. Namjoon told you earlier at school that he learned a new recipe and would be coming over tonight to prepare it for your family. You laughed at him, but stopped when you realize he was being serious. Your boyfriend, oh wait, fiance, is the cutest. You giggled.

"Shit." you heard him say, it snapped you back to reality. You were waiting in the living room because he told you not to help him and you were so nervous that he would hurt himself or burn the house down. Kim Namjoon was great at many things, but cooking is not one of them. 

"Joonie, are you okay?" you asked, peaking into the kitchen to see him standing a few feet from the stove. He was wearing a sleeveless tee, it revealed his arms, your weakness. 

"Yeah, I just got burned. That's all." he said, giving you an apologetic look. 

"Baby, I can help you, you know."

"No, no I have to do this by myself. I can do it."

"Okay." You went back to the couch, picking up the book and began reading again. Then the kitchen was quiet, almost too quiet. Did he pass out? Did he accidentally stab himself. You ran back to the kitchen and saw him sitting down in a corner. "Joon, what's wrong? Are you okay?" you frantically asked.

"I'm so useless." he said, clutching his head.

"Sweetie, no, please don't think that."

"I can't even cook a meal for my fiance." he said, choking up a little. You felt your heart shattering at the sight.

"Kim Namjoon, I love you. And I will love you even if you can't cook me a meal. We can do things together, as a couple." You pulled him into a hug, and he wrapped his arms around your waist.

"You're right. Let me try one more thing." he said, and got up, moving closer to the stove. You saw that he was cooking with salmon, but it seemed the fish was stuck to the frying pan. You watched as he moved the frying pan to the sink and trying to pry the fish away with a spatula.'

"Honey, we can just soak that or something." you suggested, but he didn't listen. His muscles tensed up and his face scrunched. It must be really stuck. You instinctively took a step back, afraid that when the fish is unstuck, it might fly everywhere. But that was not what happened. 

Namjoon lost his grip of the handle. The frying pan flew out of his hand and crashed through the window above the sink. Everything happened in slow motion. You could see the fear and regret in his eyes. But he quickly moved to cover your body with his so that the debris won't hurt you. 

"Are you okay?" he asked, his body was shaking a little.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"I'm so sorry, my love, about your window." At that moment, you heard Yoongi running down the stairs.

"What happened? I heard a loud crash."

"It was-"

"It was Y/N! She broke the window with a frying pan." Namjoon answered. Your eyes widened as you turned your head to look up at him, he avoided your eye contact. 

"Jesus, Y/N, I told you to be careful. I'm telling mom and dad when they back. " Yoongi sighed. You couldn't believe that your brother actually believed that you could have done that. Namjoon walked away quickly, probably to retrieve the frying pan from outside. 

Great, Yoongi is never gonna let this go, you thought.