Chapter 8

Yoongi raised his fist up high, aiming directly at Namjoon's face, who stood still, not bothering to defend himself. Yoongi's fist came down hard, making a loud sound when it came into contact with Namjoon's face. The corner of his lips began to bleed. Yoongi's fist was raised again. You ran towards them, pushing Namjoon out of the way. But Yoongi wasn't able to stop and his fist came crashing into your cheek. You landed on the ground, hard. When you looked up at Yoongi, the color was drained from his face, and he looked at his fist and then to you. Namjoon rushed towards you, lifting you up and cupping your cheek, which was now bruised and bleeding.

"Y/N, what the hell are you doing? Why did you do that?" Namjoon asked, his voice was frantic and you felt his body shaking yours.

"Because you wouldn't protect yourself, pabo!" Then you turned to Yoongi, who was still standing in his spot. "Yoongi, why are you doing this to him? What has he ever done to you?"

"More like what he did to you." he roared. "Don't you remember what he did to you? He left you with the wolves like a coward. He never loved you."

"I have no idea what you're talking about. I can't... remember!" You held your head, it was pounding.

"See, if it wasn't for him, you wouldn't be like this. You would have remembered your high schooldays, the friends that you had, the time that we spent together with dad before he died. But he," Yoongi pointed at Namjoon, who was crying now, "he took that away from you, away from us." This time, Yoongi also cried. You rarely see him this vulnerable, mostly because he would never act weak in front of you or mom. He needed to protect you both as the man of the house.

"Gi-" Before you could call out his name, he bolted for the door, leaving you alone with Namjoon. You tried getting up to go after him, but your shoulders felt numb. Once you got off of the floor, you sprinted after Yoongi. Namjoon grabbed your wrists to stop you. "Namjoon, I need to find him."

"Y/N, he hurt you."

"He didn't mean to. And he's also hurting right now." His lips pursed back into a line.

"I'll be back." you promised. This time, you felt your wrist being free. His eyes were soft, his brush your cheeks slightly and nodded for you to leave. Yoongi's car was still in the parking lot when you came out, but it was empty. You wondered how you didn't notice when you first came home. You tried calling him, but it went to voicemail right away. You doubted that he would be at his apartment because it was a 20 minute drive, and he hates to exercise. There was only one place he would go, a place he likes to go to clear his head. Hesitantly, you began walking in that direction.

Five minutes later, you arrived in front of the ice cream shop. As expected, Min Yoongi was sitting in the back corner, scooping his ice cream. It might look silly, but you guys used to come here all the time with your mom whenever she comes to visit. But she's been ill lately and the visits decreased. Yoongi and you would also come here every day when you first moved in together, it was a safe place for you both. Yoongi especially liked the mint ice cream, it matched his hair at one point. He didn't notice when you pushed the door open, causing the bell to ring. You ordered your use flavor and sat down at his table. His shoulders tensed up a little, but he looked down at his ice cream.

"Aren't you a little too old for strawberry?" you teased. He shrugged and scooped a big chunk of ice cream, stuffing it in his mouth. His face scrunched up, it must have been a brain freeze. "Pabo." you said quietly.

"You're the pabo here."

"I know. So could you please tell me? About everything, like why I can't remember anything from high school, and your relationship with Namjoon, and.... My relationship with Namjoon." You looked at Yoongi, who was still playing with his ice cream. It began to melt, he dropped his spoon abruptly.

"Do you remember anything?" Yoongi asked, it almost came out as a mumble.

"No."

"Did he tell you anything?" You shook your head, "He said he wanted your permission to tell me. He's a good guy, Gi." you said, placing your hand on his. He didn't move it.

"That's what you think." he said, rolling his eyes.

"Then tell me. I'm old enough. You don't need to protect me anymore."

"Do I need to tell you again how you broke the frying pan?"

"Shut up. Don't try to change the subject." He laughed, but it was a bittersweet sound.

"Honestly, I can't tell you everything, mostly because I don't know the whole story. I think we should..." he paused.

"We should..."

"Dammit". He let out a sigh and made a fist. "We should talk to... to him."

"Namjoon."

"Yes, Namjoon. He'll be able to tell you anything I miss."

"Great. Let's go now!"

"But Y/N."

"Yes?"

"After hearing the story, promise me you'll never see him again. You won't go look for him or call him. Forget his exists."

"Yoongi, not again with this."

"Y/N, please. Just promise. Once the Pandora box opens, I'm not sure what will happen next. And I cannot let you get hurt again. I promise mom and dad that I would protect you. Just know that I did everything for you. Moving here, taking you in, becoming an officer, it was for you." You felt your tears forming, you bit your cheeks to stop yourself from crying. You got up from your seat and gave him a hug.

"I promise."

"I love you, Y/N."

"Oh my gosh, I should have recorded that. You've never said that to me before!"

"You're a dork. Now let's go. And yes, I have said that before." Before you got to the door, you ran back to the counter. Yoongi eyed you curiously. "Who's that for?" he asked.

"Namjoon of course."

"Why did you get cookies and creme?"

"He seems like that kind of person." Yoongi frowned, but you didn't notice. He remembers how it was Namjoon's favorite flavor. As you exited, Yoongi stared at you from behind the door, thinking about how he'll lose his sister all over again. No matter the promises that were made, he knew even he couldn't stop the string of fate that tied you and Namjoon together.