forward

Dedication

to those who believe that kindness is not a weakness,

to those who society has judged them and made them seem not who they truly are.

this is for you.

___________________________________________

Epigraph

"Rose aren't always red
and violets aren't exactly blue,
the society we live in
never seems to speak the truth.

Smiles aren't always happy
and frowns aren't always upset,
people judge too quickly
and our feelings are what they forget."

-(a.v)

____________________________________________

Extended summary

Brooke Reels is a shy girl with a safe small group of friends. Not the spontaneous or outgoing type, she kept to herself. Her life was free of drama until a text with her nudes got to her with a caption that made her scared out of her mind.

Alistair McCall is a normal guy who hates associating himself with people from his own school. Seen alone most of time, people started to talk about him. Punching a boy and doing other 'rebellious' actions made him the school's bad boy when he really was far from that.

The two bump into each which causes curiosity to steer something within Alistair which in return causes Brooke to be suspicious of him, especially after the text she got.

So...what does that mean for them? And who actually sent that text?

__________________________________________

Notes

This book is a work of fiction and any similarities to the real world is coincidental.

Copyright reserved to me.

This book includes mentally ill people, people of color, LGBTQ+ people and I hope I do them justice and not offend anybody.

It might be a roller coaster so buckle in.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this journey as much as I enjoyed writing it. Thank you for giving it a chance, it's deeply appreciated.

This is a slow burn, chill, character driven kind of book which means it has a lot of the characters thoughts and feelings. The plot would be moving a little bit slower and no matter how unimportant the chapter may seem, it still gives you a piece of the character.

What I'm trying to say is if you don't like these types of books then you probably should exit now.

But hey! Maybe this book will change your perspective.

P.S. most chapters are pre-written but not really edited.

Status

Completed

Started: somewhere in early 2019, I think.

Finished: 20.04.2020

Remains roughly edited till further notice.