Chapter Five- Tuesday Morning

That night had gone very similarly to the first- Asher and Hanna slept in the bedroom, but their new guest slept with some linens from the closet on the sofa.
Asher and Hanna slept well despite hearing the noises from each other's hunger pangs for the majority of the night- They saw them as soothing; a lullaby sung by empty stomachs to help them sleep.
Despite her own hunger, Hazel slept well too, partially because she was tired from the long previous night of walking through the rain and partly because going almost a week with nothing in her stomach had fatigued her.

Once again, Asher awoke to the sound of Hanna changing, this time in the bathroom. The door opened to reveal Hanna's slender figure in her jeans and not-entirely-modest purple top and he was stretching out.
"Morning, sleepyhead." Hanna greeted her friend.
"Morning." Asher got up to get his clothes, "Sleep well?"
"Yeah, your stomach noises were more relaxing than any sound machine haha." Hanna replied, "You?"
"Yup, though I admit I used your stomach instead of my pillow after you fell asleep."
"I know," Hanna giggled, "I had to lift your head off of it when I went to go shower. Was it comfy?"
"Heavenly," Asher laughed, "It was the loudest pillow I ever used though." He said, going into the bathroom to take his shower.

Hanna left the bedroom and went to the living room to see if Hazel was awake.
"Morning, Hazel. You up yet?" Hanna asked.
"Yeah," Hazel replied, still a little groggy. She was still wearing the big white t-shirt they'd found her as sleeping clothes, "Man, I slept like a rock last night."
"I'm glad," Hanna giggled.
Hazel's stomach spasmed with hunger, causing her to flinch and squeeze her midsection, wincing slightly.
"Your stomach feeling okay?" Hanna asked, head-tilted.
"Yeah, I'm just hungry as hell." Hazel relaxed slightly, now rubbing her stomach instead of clenching it.
"Not surprising, haha, you haven't eaten in almost a week." Hanna replied.
"I didn't know it was possible to be this hungry." Hazel said, her stomach whining.
"Haha my stomach gets the same way when I don't eat." Hanna laughed and pointed at Hazel's t-shirt-covered abdomen.
"Loud?"
"Yeah, it's always entertaining to see what kind of noises it'll make to get my attention when I skip lunch or something."
"Haha for me it's always embarassing when it growls during an exam because I forgot breakfast, but this is a whole different kind of hungry, I mean listen to this." Hazel gestured for Hanna to place her ear on her stomach, which was sunken in at least good two inches down from her ribcage under the t-shirt.
Hanna obliged, and put her ear on the white cotton. Her ear was immediately greeted by a cacophony of noises coming from Hazel's shrivelled-up little stomach; Air and digestive juices swirled around in empty digestive tract where there should be food. Hanna could feel Hazel's stomach spasm with every growl, straining its shriveled, unfed self to make a noise in the hope it would be heard and fed. She could sense the aching sensation coming from deep in Hazel's gut- every muscle contraction in her digestive tract sent the little bit of fluid in it in a whirlpool-like spiral, the noises from which were not muffled at all because there was no food to be found anywhere inside her.
"Wow, you sound absolutely starving." Hanna said, lifting her head off of Hazel's stomach after a couple minutes, "Mine is pretty crazy-sounding, too, but not like that." Hanna rolled up her shirt and pointed at her own unfed belly, inviting Hazel to take a listen in return.
"I heard yours yesterday, it sounded pretty starved," Hazel joked and got situated on Hanna's exposed stomach.
Before Hazel's ears even made contact with skin, she heard a loud rumble from somewhere inside Hanna's abdomen. The glass of water Hanna had drank after showering was the only thing anywhere inside her digestive system, and Hazel could hear it swirling around in there. Hanna's stomach was obviously still trying to digest the water, still in denial that it would be deprived of food for so long. If she put anything solid into her system, her stomach would've had it shredded to pieces and dissolved in a second.
Hanna's stomach sounded noticeably different from Hazel's; Hazel's belly made higher-pitched noises that made her stomach sound as weak and malnourished as it was. However, Hanna's sounded much deeper and angrier, as if it was a rabid wolf that was done being nice and eager to rip anything that entered its den apart.