1.

Emerald POV

My heels clinked against the concrete as I ran out of the local coffee shop. I had to get his usual, coffee black, with one sugar, and two creams and a croissant. But I was late, ten minutes to be exact.

I had a bad night, due to lack of sleep. I stayed up almost all night, tossing and turning. I woke up thirty minutes after my alarm and I had to rush. My boss did not like me being late.

I finally made it to the skyscraper that read Smith & CO. I ran to the elevator, and hoped on. I finally got to the main floor and I power walked to his office.

I knocked on his door and he yelled for me to come in. I opened the door and started to immediately explain after I sat the food on his desk.

"Mr.Smith I apologize for being late. I had a bad night, and I woke up thirty mi-"

"Are you trying to get fired?" he asked cutting me off.

"No sir, I am really sorry, I just got terrible news that my grandma-"

"Save it Emerald! This is your final warning. If you're late again, you're fired. Now get out" he said dismissing me.

Oh yea, I forgot to mention. He's a complete ASSHOLE. Well, maybe only to me, I don't know. But he's been like this every since I've been working here. Which was almost a year.

On the flip side, the pay and benefits are good.

I made my way to my desk, and sat down. I looked over the schedule for today and realized he had a meeting in twenty minutes, shit! I haven't even prepared the meeting room.

I ran to the meeting room to get everything ready. Everyone probably thought I was a mad woman because I kept running around but oh well!

I laid out a pamphlet at each seat along with a cup of coffee and bottle of water. When I got done with that I had about five minutes to spare. I went and checked my appearance and made sure I looked okay.

I walked backed to room to be greeted with a pissed off Mr.Smith. I resisted the urge to roll my eyes. He could not give me a break, damn.

Soon, people started filling in the meeting room. I sat next to Mr.Smith and listened as he talked. One thing I could say was, I was really good at my job. I always made sure he had everything he needed, and made sure things were under control. But lately, I've been under some stress.

My grandma is very sick. My family wants me to come visit but I don't know when I'm going to be able to. It's kinda hard juggling a life, and working for Mr.Smith. He always kept me so busy.

As he talked, I was starting to dose off because I already knew what he was talking about. I prepared the pamphlet they were reading.

I stared at Mr.Smith. Okay, no lie, he was sexy. He was tall, about 6'2, with wide broad shoulders, and muscular arms. He had piercing light blue eyes, and dark hair. I've never really been into white guys, but for him I'd make an exception.

But who am I kidding? He's a complete dick, and I'm pretty sure he would never go for someone like me.

Don't get me wrong, I think I look good. I was 5'4 with milk chocolate skin. I had a nice body, and some curves. I had long hair, and also hazel eyes.

But his type is tall, tan, and slim. Trust me, I've seen the women he's been with.

His voice snapped me out of my thoughts. I looked up and he looked like he was about to end the meeting.

"Well I'd like to thank you all for coming, and you're interest in investing into our company" he said while smiling.

Everyone got up and walked to the door. I stood next to Mr.Smith and shook everyone's hand as they exited, one by one.

When they all left he looked over at me. "Next time don't tell me I have an important meeting twenty minutes before the meeting. You need to be more responsible" he said and walked out the room.

I started to cuss him out but I held my tongue. 'Okay Asshole' I thought.