Chapter 5

"Owwww.... I don't want to get up..." I say. I really don't. I feel really sore today, after last night. I don't know why, it usually doesn't make me sore.

"No, you don't have to, honey." you can stay there all day if you want. I'll have to go now, and I can take Ivy with me." Peeta says. I sigh and pull the sheets over my head. It's only 6 AM, but Peeta has to leave early for the bakery, so I woke up when he got up. I feel comfortable with laying in bed all day. That suits me. So I give Peeta a goodbye kiss, and then he leaves. He took Ivy with him to the bakery, she likes to help him with the baking. I lay in the bed, thinking. About the baby we're going to have. If its' going to be a boy or a girl. Somehow, it would be nice to have a boy, because we don't already have one, but I would be as happy for a girl also. It really doesn't matter. And Ivy hopes for a female playmate. But as she said, it doesn't matter if it's a boy, she'll love him just as much. I smile. What if I already am pregnant? I don't have either the guts nor the energy to go and test myself, that will have to wait until later. But I'm so curious. And I'm starting to get hungry. Okay, I'll get up, make some breakfast, and then test myself. After that, I'll return to bed and eat. But I'm too curious, I have to test myself first. I get up fast and run into the bathroom, ripping open a pregnancy test. I walk over to the toilet and take it. When it beeps, I look at it. It says NEGATIVE. Okay, now we'll just have to try some more, then. Not that I'm complaining. So I just put some clothes on, the same as yesterday actuallly. They are laying on the floor, of course. I take some leftover sandwiches from the fridge and start eating on one. When I've eaten it, I take another to the couch. I don't feel like returning to bed, it wouldn't make me comfortable anymore. So I just lay down on the couch and turn on the TV. I scroll through the channels, and I don't find anything interesting. I turn it off and sigh in frustration. What should I do! When my mind doesn't come up with anything, I give up. All right, I'll go to the bakery, if that's what you want. I tell my stupid brain and get up. I really don't care about going into town like this, but to make me look a little more appropriate I change my shirt and put on some comfy sweaters. Now I look appropriate enough. Okay, maybe not for someone like Effie, but for the District Twelve people it is enough. When I am outside the house I almost run towards the bakery. Okay, I maybe am not as sore as I thought I was. When I reach the bakery door and am about to open it, I am breathless. I open it, and the second the bell above it rings, both Peeta and Ivy turns around. When they see me, their faces light up.

"Mommy!" Ivy yells and runs up to me, hugging my legs as usual. I pick her up and kiss her cheek.

"Hey." Peeta says and leaves whatever he was doing to greet me. He gives me a kiss and hugs both Ivy and me. We stay in the embrace for a while, and then he breaks away to return to his work. I see that he is baking cupcakes. He always needs extra concentration when he is doing that, with all the frosting and stuff, so we have to be quiet. It came perfectly that I joined them, because now I can serve the customers while he is frosting. An old lady comes to buy breakfast bread, and a woman to buy a birthday cake for her son. I show her the ones Peeta is done with and she thinks about it for a while.

"I like the pink one. But he thinks pink is a 'girly' colour." she says and laughs. Ivy is standing in front of me, very open and kind towards the woman. Ivy is the kind of child who isn't afraid of meeting new people. She is very social and almost everybody likes her. She's like Peeta in that matter. I wonder what our second child will be like. Before I get to think about this more, Ivy speaks.

"I think your son would like his one very much, ma'am." Ivy says and points at the blue cake. The woman smiles.

"Okay, sweetie, I think I'll take that one." the woman says and smiles at me. She steps aside and make an attempt to lift the cake, without success. I feel strong arms around my waist and turn around. It seems like Peeta's done with the cupcakes. He releases me and picks the cake up without any effort at all.