Chapter Three

(Niall's pov)

Once we got to the store "Zales" I went to check out the necklaces with (y/n). "How about this one?" I held up a green diamond necklace."That one's nice, what about this one?" (y/n) held up the same exact necklace but in red. "We'll go with that one" I smiled and (y/n) took the necklace, placing it into my hands. I took out my wallet, and went to the register, paying in cash. Me and (y/n) both said "Thank you" to the lady who charged us and we went back to the entrance, heading out and walking to my car.

-On the way to the cemetary-

"Hey, (y/n), want me to turn up the music?"... "(y/n)?" I shook her but she wouldn't respond "(y/n)? (y/n)!" 

(y/n's pov)

-flashback-

"Ready to go princess?" My dad asked. I nodded, and stood up, walking out the door. My mom had just had a surgery a few nights ago and my dad and I wanted to go visit her to go see how she was doing. My dad closed the door behind us and we walked to the car. He opened the door for me, and I thanked him and stepped inside. He hopped in on the other side and we were off to see my mother. 

Once we got there we signed in and patiently waited to be called in to see my mother. "Mr.Horan and (y/n) Horan may go in to see the patient in room #356" The doctor called. We went in and saw my mother "Hi mum" I smiled and leaned over to kiss her cheek. My dad smiled at both of us and we talked for a while. 

Soon after the monitor started beaping rapidly in speed. "Mum? Mum!" tears started to well up in my eyes as she shook terribly and the doctors came and shoved me out of the room. I tried to run back in the room but the doctors had already closed the door and my dad was pulling me back to the waiting room.

After a few minutes the doctor came out and told us "we did everything we could but she passed, i'm sorry Mr.Horan"  When I heard those words I immedeatly sank to my knees, crying onto my dad's lap. It was no use, she was gone...

-present time-

(Niall's pov)

"(y/n)!" I shook her again, calling her name several times. She snapped out of what seemed to be a flash back and broke down crying. "Sweetie what's wrong?" I pull over the side of the road, pulling her into a hug. "M-mum...she" she kept crying. "(y/n), it's okay, she's in a better place now. "It was better for it to end that way, rather than to have her go through years of pain, surgeries and treatments." She nodded and rested her head on my shoulder, wiping her last few tears. "I guess you're right." "Is it okay, if I keep driving now, princess?" I kissed her cheek, reasurring her that everything was going to be okay. She nodded in agreement and I kept driving, resting my hand on her knee, and on our way I sung to her one of my favorite songs "Be Alright", to calm her down. I smiled, and made another stop before we got to the cemetary because it looked like she was about to fall asleep. I noticed she was starting to close her eyes. "I love you princess" "I love you too daddy" I pulled her onto my lap and without noticing, she peacefully fell asleep into my arms.