.2.

"So will you tell me what happened?" Amanda asked, her arms gripping her cousin's waist hard: she hated those bicycles.

"Okay, so Stiles overheard-"

"Listened in," Amanda corrected.

"You could say that, I guess," Scott said awkwardly. "Stiles listened-in to one of the sheriff's calls, and found out there was a dead body in the woods. And he came by to our house-"

"Where was I?" Amanda questioned.

"Asleep, I guess?" Scott asked, "I dunno, you don't really wake up at nights anymore, so I wasn't too worried."

"Have some respect, I'm older than you," Amanda huffed.

"Yet you are in my class," Scott stated, making Amanda sigh in annoyance. "Anyway, we went there and then Stiles got caught, and I didn't. So I just wandered around for a bit, and then-" Scott pasued, entering the school park lot.

"Didn't miss this place one bit," Amanda commented, understanding where she was from the familiar sounds of  cars and excited students. Scott chuckled, the bicycle coming to halt. Amanda got off "that thing from hell" as she liked calling it.

"Well- anyway-" a car engine roared near by, and Scott was shoved slightly as the door opened.

"Dude, watch the paint-job," the one and only Jackson Whittemore warned. "Amanda," he said, smiling. "Hi."

"Jackass!" Amanda exclaimed happily, and Jackson dragged her into a hug. "I missed you."

"I missed you two, you little asshole."

"Yo, Jackson! Let's go, bro!" a voice called. Amanda recognized it as Colton Sky's voice.

"Well, the people are calling for their king," Jackson sighed. "See ya later?"

"Yup," Amanda replied, holding up her fist for a fist bump, Jackson immediately bumped his fist with hers. "Bye."

"Bye," Jackson said, almost waving, before remembering there is no point in that.

"So, what were you saying?" Amanda asked, feeling around for Scott's arm. He grabbed it, leading her safely through the crowd.

"So, I went around alone for a while, before finding the body-"

"You what?!" Amanda asked, accidentally loudly.

"Shh," Scott hushed her, "don't scream. Okay, so anyway, next thing I know this... herd of deers are coming from everywhere, and I'm on the floor- I lost my inhaler, by the way- and then- oh, hold on- Stiles is coming."

"Okay, let's see this things," Stiles said. "Oh, hey Amanda. Haven't seen you around much these last few weeks."

"Yeah, I've been hanging with Jackson and Danny mostly," Amanda stated, shrugging.

"I never understand how you can- whoa, dude," Stiles said, looking at the bandage on Scott's side. "Amanda, something bit your cousin and it looks pretty bad."

"You serious?!" Amanda snapped. "Dude, why didn't you say so from the beginning? Does Melissa know?"

"No! And she doesn't need to," Scott stated, "anyway, It was too dark to see much, but... I think it was a wolf."

"A wolf bit you?" Stiles asked, as the three started walking, Amanda's arm loosely hanging around Scott as he helped her. "No, not a chance."

"I heard a wolf howling," Scott reasoned.

"No, you didn't," Stiles stated, making Amanda raise her eyebrows.

"What do you mean 'no, I didn't?' How do you know what I heard?" Scott questioned.