Selfish

"I love you, Silas" he holds me in my room whispering so my mom won't hear, "I always have and I definitely always will," moving in I press my lips against his. This was my moment, I'm getting everything I've always wanted, and it's all happening with beautiful harp music playing.

Harp music?

"Silas get up!" I feel a hand on me as the music fade out and the sound of my alarm fade in, "wake up you don't want to be late"

"5 more minutes please," I groan wanting to get back to such a delicious nightmare. Quickly opening my eyes I remember where I am, "I'm up" I yawn.

"Good morning," I'm greeted with a smile and a mug, "made you coffee."

"You're too good to me" he leans closer handing me the mug followed by a morning kiss. Standing out of bed as I sip the coffee I start, "so I spoke to Shannon last night, she's coming over and we're going over the seating chart because there's no way in hell—"

"Hey" Joshua comes to me grabbing me by the shoulders, "no wedding talk when we first wake up, remember? We agreed on that"

"Yes, it'll take over our lives if we let it I remember."

"Your life" Joshua corrects, "it'll take over your life"

"You're right I'm sorry," I place my mug down and he walks to the other side of the bed. "Can I just ask one thing then I won't mention anything about the wedding until 11?" We start to fix the bed together

"One"

"Noon"

"Noon thirty," he says and I chuckle

"Fine noon thirty. Are you sure you're ok with Trevor walking me down the aisle?"

"You know I was ok when you said he'd be your best man, didn't bat an eye when he chose himself to be the ring bearer—"

"That was a joke and you agreed to it."

"Yes I know but I did find it weird when he offered to give you away, but after talking to Helen she was very reassuring in explaining that this was normal for you guys, so I'm ok with it." He smiles as we're fixing the comforters and pillows in their spots

"You are amazing,"

"Trevor means something to you, and even though he doesn't like me I'm prepared to give you whatever you want."

"He likes you, honey, I promise." I really shouldn't lie to my fiancé.

"That's what you always say when I say that, but you never notice when he's around. He pretends for your sake, but as soon as you leave us alone he turns cold."

"I'll talk to him"

"No don't, I don't want to come off like I'm complaining, and it doesn't matter to me as long as you're good then I can deal with your best friend." Walking from his side of the bed Joshua comes to me, "promise you won't say anything. If I'm gonna get Trevor to like me I can't do that with you reprimanding him about me."

"I won't say anything babe" he leans in kissing me. "You know I'm kind of surprised that Shannon's not—"

"Good morning gays! Wake up!" She bursts through our bedroom door as soon as I say her name

"It's like you conjured her," Joshua whispers making me chuckle.

"Good morning to you too Shannon," we walk out of the room and she follows us

"Listen we have a lot to do today Silas so I called in sick for you at work."

"You did what?" I stop and turn to her, "Shannon I—"