Chapter 5

The Escort collects Olivia and I and leads us to the car. Kate, Aubrey and my mom are beside the car watching me get in the vehicle. Tears stream down my face as I watch them wave me good bye.

 I sit there staring a Dolly as the escort who introduced herself as Madi rants on about the wonders of the capitol. The car halts and were forced onto a silver train.

As the door slides open, I’m caught off guard by all the wonderous looking food. Madi sits down on a light blue couch with polka dot pillows. Olivia and I awkwardly sit down on two single chairs still stunned by the amazing items of the capitol.

“Haley, your mentor, should be here soon. She won a few years ago in the frozen tundra arena. Cut the head clean off of the other final competitor.” Madi says as if it’s a triumph. I see Olivia almost vomit at the thought.

 Madi heads over to the varieties of food and picks up a thing called cram Brule and another thing called a lemon tart. “Are you too going to have anything?” She asks Olivia and I. “We’re aloud to?” I reply. “Of course this is all for you two.” I stand lightning fast and grab a plate.

 I’ve never had such good food and I have to try everything.  I grab one of everything. I sit down and scarf down on the delicious food. Olivia still looks sick and excuses herself to the bathroom. I continuously chow down until I can’t eat another bite. Just then, I see another women enter.

She wasn’t a capitol citizen but was defiantly well fed. “The new tributes?” She asks Madi. Madi knods at the women and she takes a seat next to me. “I’m Haley, your mentor.” She explains to me while extending out her hand. I shake her hand and say, “I’m Cami.”

“Where’s you partner?” Haley asks me.

“She got a little sick.”

“Alright then…”

        We sit in the silence for a moment until Madi decides to speak up. “Well you should probably go wash up and change. Dinner is in an hour and don’t be late!” “Alright.”  I say not knowing how else to respond. As I get up to leave, Haley catches my arm. “We’ll talk training later, okay?”

I’m about to respond, when Olivia returns from the bathroom. “Did I miss something?” she asks. Haley walks over to her and introduces herself to Olivia. I wander out of the train car and decide to try and find my room.