8. "I'm madly in love."

(1267 words)

I was really looking forward to picking Ariana up from college that day because obviously I wanted to see Ethan. But when I got there, there was no sign of him. He'll get here soon. But he didn't.

I was driving with Ariana to her home, all gloomy. I wanted to see him so bad but he didn't show up. I stopped in front of Ariana's house and waited for her to get out of my car. "Ana, don't worry. You'll see him soon." She said, placing a hand on my shoulder. I gave her a weak smile and watched her get out of my car and enter her home. I let out a sigh and started driving towards my own house. I called mom on the way, "Hey, mom. I'll be back home in 15 minutes."

"Anastasia, I'm not home. I'll be back in a while. I've prepared your lunch. It's in the kitchen." Mom said.

"Okay, thanks, mom." I said before hanging up.

———

I pushed the main door open and went inside. Sighing, I put my purse on the table in the living room. I remembered that my lunch was in the kitchen, but I didn't feel like eating. Everything seemed so dull just because I hadn't seen Ethan. It was insane that I was becoming obsessed with him in such a short span of time. I left my purse lying on the table and made my way upstairs to my bedroom. Opening the door, I sighed once again as I entered. "What's happening to you, Ana?" I wondered aloud. Memories of my encounter with Aaron came rushing to my head. I shook my head, trying to clear it and proceeded to take off my shirt so I could relax.

"Whoa whoa whoa, I don't think I'm ready to see that yet. We should take it slow." A male voice spoke from behind me and I froze. My shirt was almost around my neck now.

"Aren't you gonna turn around, Anastasia?" The way he said my name...that was...

I pulled my shirt back down and turned around. My eyes met certain dark brown ones. "What are you doing here?" I asked firmly, after recovering from the shock of seeing him in my bedroom.

"I thought I'd surprise you." He replied, stalking forward toward me.

"Ethan, if my mom shows up, I'll be dead." I said seriously.

"No, I think your mom would be proud that you chose such a dashing and intelligent guy." He spoke arrogantly.

"No need to be so egocentric." I narrowed my eyes at him.

"It's good to see you finally talking." He said, making me fall silent. He proceeded to walk towards me until our faces were mere inches away. He grabbed my waist, making my heart stop, and gently pushed me to the wall. My heart was now pounding in my chest as I stared up at that gorgeous human being.

"We don't have much privacy when we're in that college." He said, his eyes never leaving mine.

I gulped. "You should go."

He cocked an eyebrow. "That's rude. That's not how you treat a visitor. You could at least be a little hospitable." He said, stroking my bottom lip gently with his thumb. My heart beat sped up and my breathing became erratic.

"My mom would be back any minute now." I breathed out. Our proximity was making me breathless and nervous.

"I would love to meet her. Would your dad be here as well? I could ask for your hand in marriage."