Three

"are you kidding me?! everyone's talking about him!" Emily stated through the phone. I sighed, laying down on my bed and thinking to myself how tomorrow would be. I had just gotten home from being with Harry, he'd picked me up at school today and Jason, the jerk who's been trying to get into my pants for a week now, had gotten Harry mad when he tried touching me. I was relieved to see Harry protecting me, but I was terrified that people would get the wrong idea about him, he was so sweet and gentle, but when it came to other males touching me, it was obvious that he couldn't stand the thought of it.

"so, are you two like, a thing?"

"what?! No!"

I lied, only because I knew that Em would freak if I told her the truth, she'd probably tell other people.

"well, everyone is saying that he's your boyfriend" she cooed.

"he told me that he just didn't like seeing Jason trying things on me, he was only protecting me"

"well, that week he spent at your house must've been something" Emily was in such a teasing mood. I felt like she already knew.

"c'mon Ingrid, you know I wouldn't tell if you two were a thing. I actually think you guys are cute together, it's just, the way you guys were today was just really amazing to see" I took in her words and thought I should tell her the truth, she was my best friend after all.

"well, Harry-"

"Ingrid!"

shit, mom

"yeah mom?"

"dinners ready!"

"I gotta go Em, I'm sorry!"

"wait, Harry's what?!"

"I'll tell you later!" I giggled, hearing the groan she had done on the other line before hanging up and rushing down stairs. my eyes widened seeing Harry at the end of the staircase. I was dressed in my school uniform still. I had managed to sneak out of Harry's home after our intense activities. mom was still at work when I got home and she had called and told me she'd be making dinner. my uniform consisted of a short black skirt and a white button up with a school sweater that I hated to wear. I was in my ankle socks and when I came to a stop at the bottom he smirked at me, biting his bottom lip.

"hi" I blushed.

"Harry" I smiled. he chuckled looking over my body. I'd never felt so sexually frustrated before.

"Harry, stop it" I whispered when he pulled me into him, his hands low on my waist.

"my mom, she's in the other room"

"Ingrid" I gasped, finding my mom walk in on us.

"hello, Victoria" Harry greeted. she hadn't noticed what we were doing, and I was thankful for that.

"c'mon, dinner is ready" she smiled, Harry and I walked into the dining room, sitting down next to each other while mom sat across from us.

"so Harry, what is it you do?" mom asked, after she had set down the food, with my help.

"Oh, I um, I work on engines"

"so, you're a mechanic?"

"now, I am, yeah" he nodded.

"were you something else before?" I asked. he turned to look at me, nodding.

"I was in the marines for a while"

"they have that in England?" he grinned at me nodding.

"the royal marines" he mumbled.

"Charlie was in the marines too" mom mumbled. I could feel the tug on my heart at the mention of my father.