Chapter - 24

Quinn

I couldn't move. It was as if I'd just frozen on top of the toilet lid, every muscle in my body tensed up in apprehension.

"It's okay, I'm here. Open the door" I closed my eyes tight shut, then without my consent, a whimper passed my lips. Damn, why is he here? How embarrassing! I'm having a breakdown here and he has to show up!... I tried to get angry, after all, I had told him to stay away. But I just couldn't. Right now I was too overwhelmed by the whole thing, and as the sense of great relief washed over me, I realised I couldn't be angry at him – or at least not right now.

"L-Leave me alone," I muttered, but of course not meaning it at all. In reality, if he left me now I wouldn't know what to do. I just didn't want him to see me like this, I felt so stupid, why couldn't I just sit through one damned film without having some sort of pathetic panic attack? My eyes widened, as I watched his feet walking away.

"N-No wait!" I panicked.

"Open the door Quinn." I shook my head even though I knew he wouldn't be able to see. I wanted nothing more than to open the door. I was just too scared that he'll think I'm weak.

"I-I can't" I breathed.

"You can, no one's going to hurt you." I didn't respond because I wasn't scared of being hurt by those people who beat me up before, not when Ethan was here with me. "I'll kill before I allow anyone to cause you harm again." He murmured, and my chest swelled with an unfamiliar feeling, because I knew he was completely serious.

"I-I don't know what's the matter with me," I admitted.

"You're just scared and it's alright just come out... I promise you everything will be okay." He whispered and I shivered. Wiping a few stray tears from my eyes, I tried to gather up as much pride as I could before I got up and unlocked the door.

I had barely taken one step when I felt myself being pulled out and wrapped into his chest. I was stunned and froze in his arms for a second. Something told me that I was going to regret this, this perfect moment when I was wrapped up in his arms and felt as if he actually cared for me. I wanted to pull away but there was no way that I could move. I wanted to be here – in his arms, so I cut off my train of thoughts and relaxed into him, not wanting to think about the future right now. Before I knew it I felt my body shaking and my tears began to soak his shirt as I cried into his chest.

"I've got you, shh" He whispered his warm breath drifting past my ear. I clenched hold of his shirt – pulling myself further into him as he tightened his left arm across my back while the other went to my head. I didn't know how long we just stood there, in the middle of the restroom, quite possibly the most unromantic place in the world. However I didn't think of that then, I didn't care that someone could have walked in at any second. All I cared about was that I was with Ethan and right now that was all that mattered.

"W-Why are you here?" I- I thought I told you to stay away." I stuttered and then immediately felt bad when I felt him flinch. Quickly before he could start to pull away I wrapped my arms tightly around his waist and pressed my tear-drenched face into the side of his neck.

He sighed and ran his hand through my hair, and played with it absent-mindedly.

"As much as I want to listen to what you say, your safety will always come first." He murmured. I didn't say anything – how could I? If he hadn't of come, who knows what would have happened. I wouldn't have left the stall and then one of the guys would have eventually come and found me, and that would have been the most embarrassing thing ever. To be vulnerable in front of the love of my life was something, but to be seen as vulnerable to my best friend's – that's just humiliating.