Chapter ~ 1

Please note this book will be renamed His Uncertain Territory on the 20th November. :)

Chapter 1

High school. Looking around everyone seems happy, which never fails to amaze me because let's face it everyone claims to hate high school. If someone asked a teenager whether they liked it or not, the typical response would be a big fat 'NO,' but this statement showed itself to be untrue in many cases. You see everyone, (well excluding a few) had smiles on their faces, as they greeted their friends in the parking lot. Smiles are a show of happiness are they not? Then again they may just be like me. They may pull a smile on their face because it's the norm, its what people expect but inside they're unhappy and don't have the courage or the pride to show it... Or then again maybe I'm just melodramatic.

"Hey man" I greeted one of my best friend's Nick as he took hold of my hand and did one of those 'guy' greetings- a grab of the hand followed by a pat on the back. This too was expected of two of the most popular 'Jocks' in school and just like the male handshake, girls where also part of that deal and I can't disappoint. I groaned inwardly as Marcia, my 'girlfriend,' skipped to my side. She linked her arm through mine, looking up at me expectantly.

I reluctantly leaned down and gave her a peck on the lips. I really shouldn't be playing with her feelings; I reminded myself once again.

"Look who we have here" Nick grinned as a blue truck pulled up and out came the Alphas little brother Wesley and his three... what do they call them? Oh yeah, mutts.

Well, I guess now is the time to explain that I'm a member of a wolf pack, a large one at that and the alpha is a guy named Klaus. He's away at the moment though, wandering around the continent probably fucking anything with boobs. He says he's on 'pack business' but everyone knows the real reason was that he was doing it in a hopeless attempt to find his mate... Urg, just the thought of mates, causes my stomach to lurch and my heartbeat to increase. How I HATE that word. You see to others the word 'Mate' means, happiness, joy – love, but to me the word- to say the least- leaves an extremely sour taste in my mouth. To me, the word means... girls, and that's just... not me. The difference being; I'm gay. Okay, I admit I'm not by any means openly gay. You wouldn't see me waving the rainbow flag anytime soon. The thought of coming out is even scarier than the thought of being with a girl – Hence why I'm now 'dating' Marcia. I would rather live an unhappy, unfulfilled life with a girl than come out to the pack... and my father. That's the way it's going to have to stay. Whether I like it or not; someday some girl... my mate, is going to walk into my life and I'll have no choice in the matter but to do my best to look after her.

I came back to reality as I- like the rest of us, all stood watching as the alpha's twin brother jumped out the drivers' side, followed by his friends who I'd never met nor spoken to in my life. The first one out wasn't too special in the looks department; he had dark brown hair a slightly tanned complexion and deep brown eyes. My eyes then landed on the second one coming out behind him. He was the complete opposite to the first; he was damn right sexy as fuck- so much so - that it put everyone else to shame including me. He had shortish light brown hair, nice tanned skin and the most bewilderingly dark green eyes I had ever seen. I think I'm in love. And then just like that the guy grabbed his bag, swung it over his shoulder and walked away. He didn't even look in our direction.

I was pulled back down to earth when I felt a slight pull in my arm. I looked down to see Marcia smiling up at me and gulped. It was times like this I wish I could come out. I knew that Marcia did 'love' me, but when I say love it was the flimsy love. The love you confess as a compliment, saying it with no meaning just a mushy sentence. Real love is so different, saying 'I love you' to someone you're really- and I mean seriously in love with, would mean so much more. Too bad that was the kind of love I'll never find. Not even with my mate.