Chapter 16 - Last Night

“Did you and Brad work everything out?” James asked while we rode from Houston to San Antonio. “I noticed you and Joe switch seats on the plane.”

I shrugged, “It’s a work in progress, I suppose.”

He nodded, “That’s Brad for you.”

“Are you mad at me?” I asked quietly.

“Disappointed a little, but not mad.” He answered. “I think we all just expected a little more of you.”

“I guess I should have warned you guys a little more before we left,” I chuckled. “Maybe going back to old parties isn’t the best idea.”

“It was fun,” he shrugged. “Until… you know.”

I nodded slowly. “I’m sorry I caused all this drama. I know I’m not getting paid for that.”

“We all knew it may have happened.” He said. “With you and Brad, and everything that’s been going on between the two of you.”

“Can I tell you something?” I whispered, so that no one else on the bus would hear us. Almost everyone was in their bunks sleeping, but Connor was sitting nearby with his headphones in, and of course the driver was nearby.

James nodded.

“Brad and I did something…” I said cautiously.

His eyes widened as if he had implied something already. “What did you do?”

I sighed, “We may or may not have joined the Mile High Club.”

“You two had sex on the plane?” He said, beginning to laugh.

“Shut up,” I said, glaring at him.

“Is that how you made up with him?”

“It was his idea,” I countered. “And we haven’t exactly made up. He just wants to see if I push him away like I do with other guys.”

“Well don’t push him away.” James said.

“I know,” I mumbled.

“James,” I heard Brad’s voice call out before he popped his head out from his bunk. “Can you see if my phone is done charging?”

James grabbed Brad’s phone and looked, before he nodded.

“Will you bring it to me?” Brad asked.

“No,” James laughed, handing me the phone.

I looked at James.

“I’m trying to help,” He whispered to me.

I sighed, standing up, and walked to Brad’s bunk.

“You have room for a visitor in there?” I asked in a hushed tone. He scooted over as much as he could, and I crawled into the cramped quarters. We had to cuddle in order for the both of us to fit comfortably. I handed him his phone, and he began scrolling through twitter. I rested my head on his chest and closed my eyes.

“Have you seen this?” Brad said, catching my attention.

I looked up at his phone screen where he had a tweet opened that said, ‘The Vamps’ new roadie, or Brad’s new girl?’ There was an attached picture to it that had been taken of Brad and me walking together after we had landed in Houston.

“Some fans tagged me in it.” He sighed. “Asking all these questions.”

“Have you said anything?” I asked.

He shook his head, “Saying anything about you is just going to cause chaos and make your life hell.”

“My life?” I chuckled.

He nodded, “These girls get crazy. They’ll send you some mean shit once they find your Twitter account, even if I don’t say anything.”

“I did have someone tweet me earlier calling me a slut, but I thought it was just some girl from the party.” I shrugged.

He looked at me in disappointment, “Can we not bring that up?”

“Sorry,” I sighed.

“Anyway,” He said, changing the subject. “Try to lay low, yeah? I don’t want to deal with drama from you and the fans all at the same time, and I’m sure Joe and Fin don’t want to either.”

I nodded, “I’m a boss at laying low. All I do is work and watch TV.”

He rolled his eyes, letting out a short chuckle.

I grinned, and then decided to change the subject. “For what it’s worth Brad, I really am sorry.”            

“I asked you to not bring it up.” He said quietly.

“We have to talk about it at some point.” I replied. “That’s not something you should keep bottled up.”

“Not right now, okay?” He whispered. “We start the tour with Austin Mahone tonight. I need to focus on that, not what I saw last night.”

I nodded, letting him know I understood. I rested my head on his shoulder while his arm was lazily snaked around my waist, and I closed my eyes once more, quickly falling asleep.