Chapter 1

The robotic screeching of Kiya's alarm woke her up, but just barely. It seemed as if it was only a moment ago that she'd stumbled into her bedroom and closed her eyes. She felt utterly exhausted, but the sun was up, and she needed to get up too. The ache in Kiya's head from the high pitch whine of the alarm won out over the ache in her sore limbs, and she was called to action. She had to stop the noise, so she mustered all of her strength to reach over to her nightstand and shut it off, but her arm was met with the resistance of the solid mass of muscle.

There was a man in her bed; he had been sleeping soundly until she'd inadvertently slapped him. He let out a grunt, but he did not open his eyes. He slapped his hand on the nightstand a few times before making contact with the off button on the alarm.

Kiya's eyes sprung open and all of the memories of the night came rushing back to her. There she was in bed with the most handsome man she had ever laid her eyes on. Issac Porter. His tanned skin was the canvas for a dozen or so colorful tattoos. They complimented his scruffy facial hair and her only thought was how to get him out of her home as quickly as she possibly could.

"Good morning, beautiful," Isaac said turning to her, his expression was relaxed, a crooked smile of a satisfied man as he leaned over to kiss Kiya.

"What do you think you are doing?" she asked in a harsh whisper, sticking out her hand to stop his lips from colliding with hers.

"I thought it was kind of obvious Kiya, but I was planning on kissing you, everywhere," he leaned again, but Kiya resisted again.

"You need to get dressed, and I need you to leave without being seen," Kiya said throwing off the blankets to search around the bed for something to cover up with. The man took a moment to appreciate the swell of her large chest and the smooth cinnamon skin of her round bottom before speaking.

"Are you joking, Kiya? I'm not going to sneak around like I'm a teenager," he said, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Firstly, I need you to be quiet," Kiya said, her own voice rising louder than she wished, "Secondly, you seemed to have confused my command with a question. You need to be gone. Now."

"You're acting insane, Kiya," he said, but he relented. Pulling on his boxer briefs and faded jeans, the man was cursing under his breath as he jerked his limbs into each leg opening.

Kiya tried to keep on task, but the colorful tattoos on the man's strong arms and the ripple of his muscular torso nearly made her reconsider her needs to get him out of her house.

"I'm not insane. I am just not ready to explain last night to anyone. I am not sure if I can explain it to myself," she argued. She had managed to dress in a pair of black jeans and was pulling a black t-shirt over her head when her lover made his way to the other side of the bed.

"I'm not sure what happened with us last night, but I don't have any regrets about it," he said seriously; his eyes were so dark and intense, that she felt her heart speed up as he looked into hers.

"We will talk about this later. I will call you this afternoon," she said, her hardened approach to getting him out of her house softening slightly, "but right now, I think it's best if you aren't here."

"Fine. We will be discussing this later," he said kissing her one last time before leaving the bedroom and heading to the door as quietly as possible. The two of them were saying their final goodbyes as Kiya held the door open when a voice rang out from behind her.

"Daddy! Daddy! What are you doing here? Are you going to take me to school?" The boy had already made his way into his father's arms. Gavin was getting too big to be lifted at eight years old, but his father loved to hold him. He kissed the boy on the forehead brushing away the soft curls to look at him.

"If your mom says it is okay," Isaac said, daring her to disappoint the excited child.

"Gavin, honey, I need to talk to your dad. Will you go brush your teeth for me?" Kiya asked sweetly, but her face was full of worry.

"But mom," Gavin whined. She put up her hand and without voicing another complaint, Gavin left the adults alone.

"Kiya, I am so sorry for that, but you know that I hate to deny him anything," Isaac said putting his hands up like he was staring down the barrel of a gun.

"You just force me to be the bad guy when you lie and then disappoint him. Just leave now, Isaac," Kiya said, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Kiya, will you please just calm down? I told you last night that things will be different from now on. Just get our son dressed and I will make some breakfast for you two," Isaac said. Kiya thought about arguing but just followed after her son.

Isaac removed his leather jacket, happy to have won the battle and ready to make his family a breakfast feast.