Chapter 12 - Getting to know each other

Chapter 12 – Getting to know each other

--- NO POVS ---  [please comment below if you like no povs !]

Everyone who graduated 10 years ago walked towards the backyard and found a seat for themselves. The goths sat together in a far corner, the jocks sat towards the middle forming a big group, the nerds who surprisingly looked very attractive now sat together in one corner and the rest just sat down wherever they found a spot.

Molly and Rosaline sat together with the rest of the cheerleaders. They had no care in the world; Molly didn’t notice Jack who was sitting a couple of feet away from her with the football players and Rosaline didn’t see Rick who was admiring her from far. Even the sexy nerdy Alexander noticed his secretary who was too busy catching up with her old pals.

“It’s so good to see you girls again!” Rosaline said cheerfully. As always, she was the center of attention. Molly sat beside her shyly, but her unique beauty still brought her quite a lot of attention especially now that she isn’t dating the quarterback Jack. Unfortunately for the guys, Molly is a happily engaged woman who isn’t looking for a new relationship.

Another person who was getting a lot of attention was none other than the famous director Leanna. She’s been signing autograph ever since she set foot in the backyard. The woman who used to be a pain in the ass in her high school days is now being appreciated for her amazing movies. She was enjoying the attention and is finally starting to become friendly.

Alexander who was secretly keeping an eye on his secretary was also getting quite a lot of attention. Girls were flirting with him constantly and some couldn’t believe that he used to be their old classmate.

The only two men who weren’t really social were none other than Rick and Spencer. Rick was keeping an eye on Rosaline as well. He tried talking to her, but he couldn’t seem to do it since she was surrounded by many people. Spencer on the other hand didn’t have many friends from high school to start with so he was being ignored as always.

“Aright guys.” Keaton said walking towards the middle of the backyard with his wife Sophia. “I'm very happy and grateful that all of you made it here. It’s been such a long time since we’ve all seen each other, so my wife and I decided to unite you all here. Another reason why I invited you all was to give a small tribute to my best friend Wayne who passed away couple of years ago.” Keaton explained and a huge tv screen appeared out of the bushes and played Wayne’s pictures. Some weren’t aware that one of their classmates had passed away, while some barely remembered the amazing man. However everyone sat in silence and looked at Wayne’s pictures.

A couple of minutes passed and soon there were no more pictures.

“I'm sure Wayne would be very happy about this tribute Keaton.” Molly said with a smile. The man smiled gently wiping off a tear that had escaped. Everyone in the room smiled at Keaton and Sophia and respected their tribute for their friend.