Chapter 14

HELLO!!! Sorry it's been a few days :(, been super busy with work. But here is chapter 14, 15 to be up tomorrow night :D .... The Girl Behind It All might he coming to a close within the next few chapters. ENJOY!!

          I love you, Felicity.

          Please stay with me.

               I love you, too, Oliver.

     My body was on fire. My chest and left shoulder hurt with a pain so intense I don't understand how I was conscious. Semi-conscious, anyway. My eyes lids were so heavy I couldn't open them, the jaw so tense I couldn't speak. But I could hear Oliver and John talking quietly, a heart monitor beeping rhythmically, and smell ... the familiar smell of the hospital.

          I cleared my throat and instantly felt a warm hand encircled mine. The heart monitor beeped a little faster. Oliver chuckled. "Felicity, can you open your eyes? Please look at me."

      I blinked. "My eyes feel so heavy." My throat was dry and my voice was hoarse. "When did I get here?"

     "You were shot." Oliver's jaw clenched tightly before he relaxed it and spoke again. "But you're okay now. Me and Diggle got the bullet out and brought you here. We told the staff you were mugged."

     I nodded and cleared my throat again. "Can I have some water? When can I leave here?"

     "Today, maybe tomorrow." Oliver answered as John left the room, hopefully to get that large ice cold pitcher of water that I'm going to inhale.

          John rushed into my room and closed the door. Thankfully he handed the pitcher of water to Oliver, who poured me a cup, and then turned on the small tv attached to the ceiling. "I think you should see this." John said as the the news blinked on.

     ".... in recent news, the body of Slade Wilson, found dead in an abandoned warehouse just at the end of Starling City's financial district, went missing this morning from the morgue. Authorities are in disbelief as to why someone would steal a body. If you-" Oliver muted the TV.

     "He's not dead."

     I paled. "What do you mean?"

     "He's ... kind of a superhuman. He nearly died on the island and I tried to save him with this ... medicine, I guess, to help save his life. In the end, it ended up stopping his heart and I thought he was dead. It changed his body, his genes, into something ... other."

     I sat up, painfully, and when I winced Oliver helped me. "I need to get out of this hospital. Get me out of here, please."

     "Tell me what happened when he took you."

     "He wants to hurt you, that much is clear. He also wants to take me with him wherever he's going. I don't know why. But that's what he said."

          I've never seen a mixture of terror and anger flash across Oliver's face like it did just now. "That is not going to happen. I will make sure you get released as soon as possible." He kissed the top of my head and then him and John left. Not too long after the nurse came in and gave me some amazing medicine that knocked me out.

     "You know, it's not surprising that you lived. Oliver will do anything for those he loves." A thick accent infiltrated my dreams. Groggily, I blinked and opened my eyes to see Slade Wilson sitting at the foot of my bed. "I wonder if I have both of the women he cares about, which one will be choose. Take her." My heart monitor beeped wildly and then flatlined when a man in a two colored mask yanked the sticker off my chest. Slade carefully removed my IV and wrapped my in a blanket. It took my drug filled mind a few minutes to process exactly what was happening. I was being kidnapped. Again. Freaking wonderful.

     "Can't you just go kidnap someone else?" I slurred.

     "Oh, I have. Only, I plan on just letting you live. You will see in time that I am not a monster Oliver has made me out to seem."

     "I believe you, really." I said as he helped me stand and walk for the first time in a few days. I hissed as red hot pain shot up into my spine and Slade wrapped an arm around my waist. "Listen, it's obvious I'm not up to the long haul here. You know, since you shot me and everything. So why don't we just bring all the people you need to take care of to the one place that would make this as least of a mess as possible?"

     "No need to worry." He pushed a wheelchair next to me and lowered me into it. "I have a lab in my quarters, I can make you completely better."

     I waved my hands as much as I could before a swear broke over my brow. "No, no, no. I don't want any of that stuff you're on. I just want to- to heal like a normal person. No offense. I wouldn't be a good superhuman."

     "You think that's what I am? Superhuman?"

     "Yea. Isn't it?"

     A deep laugh rumbled out of Slade's throat. "No, dear, I am a god."

          I couldn't say anything more. He thought he was a god. His crazy started to leak through and I saw into the hysterical mind of Slade Wilson instantly. He thought he was unstoppable. I'll prove him wrong. He thinks he can win, I'll watch him lose.

          But hey, at least I'm out of the hospital.

          I'll kill him. If it is the last thing I do. Not only did he take Laurel this time, he broke into the damn hospital and took Felicity. Again.

     "This is why I can't have someone close to me, Diggle." I said, feeling his presence behind me.

     "You can't stay alone forever, Oliver"

     "I can as long as The Hood is needed."

     "Listen," He sighed heavily. I'm almost positive that sigh was towards me. "Felicity must have been doing some research on Slade and knew about his superhuman abilities."

     Shock spread over my face. "What?"

     "She knows how to kill him. Officially."

               I shouldn't even be surprised.