Chapter 16: Finale pt. 1

sorry for the wait you guys!!! Here is part 1 of the 2 part Finale to The Girl Behind It All!!! Thank you guys for loving it and reading it and just- I love it!!! Thank you all so much ♡♡

     Getting shot sucks. It's taking me too long to get out of this sling the doctors put me in and it's hindering my ability to type and stalk bad guys. Oliver and John have been patient, but I need to be a part of the team again. I need to be involved in the action again. I hate being sidelined. It sucks.

     "What sucks?" John asked.

     I jumped. "Nothing sucks. Why?"

     "You mumble when you're concentrating. What sucks?"

      I glared at him. "Being sidelined. Not being apart of the action anymore."

     "You're the main source of action, Felicity." John put his hand on my head. Oliver walked in, dressed in full Vigilante gear. Wearing a scowl and breathing hard.

     "Felicity, can you find Sara for me?" Oliver asked, putting away his gear and taking off his Hood. I was distracted slightly - okay, more than slightly, I mean have you see him?- by Oliver's bare chest. It's most definitely a sight to see. "Felicity?" Oliver said again. Reluctantly, I dragged my eyes up his chest to his face. His eyes were alight with amusement.

     "Right. Find Sara. Why?"

     "I have a feeling that we're going to require her help shortly."

          I knew exactly what he was talking about. There have been a horrible string of deaths that have happened in the name of Death stroke, even though Slade is officially dead. So, I nodded and got to it. I picked up my phone and dialed the number to the mysterious lady who showed up in my apartment left for me.

     "Hello? Hi this is- yes, it's me- well- oh, I'm fine, you know. Healing and everything. Being shot sucks but I'm sure you wouldn't- no, right. We need Sara, and you if possible..... As soon as you can. Okay." I hung up and looked into the astonished faces of John and Oliver. "What?"

     "Who was that?" Oliver asked.

     "Oh, um, well you see, this girl showed up in my living room one night and it was really weird. She looked like a kick ass ninja warrior and so I helped her with something and she left me a card with a number and black sash of some sort. I don't know. Said if I needed a favor to call her. So, you wanted Sara and some help. I got you both." I squared my shoulders in preparation to argue with him but he just looked at me, eyebrows drawn together and a smile on his face.  In two steps he was in front of me and leaning over my chair. Oliver pressed a kiss to temple and whispered in my ear, "That's my girl." He stepped away and put on a shirt. "I have some things to take care of, but I'll see you guys later."

     "I actually won't be available later." John mumbled. I raised my eyebrow but Oliver didn't say anything, just sent John a smile. Both of the guys left and I remained. As soon as I saw the guys completely leave the building I reopened the windows I was looking at.

     Trying to find someone who doesn't want to be found is almost impossible, but she had to know she couldn't hide from me. At least, not for long. She should have known that I'm the best in the city, possibly the state, at finding ghosts.

     After damn near five hours of searching, calling, tracing and tracking, I finally found her. I finally found my mother.

     With the hotel and the restaurant ready for our arrival, I headed home to change. Mother stopped me on the stairs and asked,

"Are you really dating your secretary?"

     I took a deep, calm breath. "Yes, and you know she is not just my secretary. She's been my friend, my partner, and the only person to really care about me these last year."

     "I care about you, Oliver, which is why I feel like she should come to dinner here. Introduce her to me." My mother's tone fiend hurt, but I knew what she really wanted.

     "Thia still won't talk to you, will she? Can you blame her?"

     "I don't know."

     "If there's one thing I know, it's Felicity. She is the most stable part of life."

          When she didn't say anything, I continued up the stairs and changed my clothes. Heading back to the club I ran into Thia who tossed me a wave as she handled the drinks like a pro. Downstairs, I saw Felicity working tirelessly over the computer. I wasn't sure what she was looking for, or who, but her presence here light up the dark stone walls. Her frustrated sighs and yelps of self congratulations made me smile. Watching her work was the most calming, and beautiful thing I've ever saw. Felicity on her own was jaw dropping. When she showed her skills, it was heart stopping. I never knew it was possible to feel so strongly for someone. But it made perfect sense for me to feel this way towards her, and only her.