Chapter Four- Awakening

Chapter Four

Awakening 

         As the sun rose, its blazing light shone down revealing the destructive effect of the white sphere. The force caused the trees and most of the bushes to fly away forming an immense circle; similar to a meager stadium, a crater was created from the aftermath in the center of the circle, gravel scattered, and one boy laid senseless with white bandages around his forehead. 

         Eitan’s eyelids slightly opened revealing the flaming rays of the sun. “You guys, he’s up!” shouted Galon who was sitting next to Eitan. 

         “What happened?” momentarily forgetting the incident. 

         Ignoring the question, Galon excitedly said, “You are never going to believe this, Eitan. Look at Benjamin.” They both stared at him as he, Asher, and Dan made their way to Eitan. 

         “What?” Eitan couldn’t comprehend that his friend was glowing. Not the type of glow that a pregnant woman gets, but actually glowing like a neon light. 

         Benjamin’s glow was bright yellow. It over powered the light of the sun. “Dude, I’m glowing!” Eitan stood up to examine this extraordinary situation. 

         “How?” he asked.

         “We were all thinking about it, and we are pretty sure it had to do something with the aurora and that thing it spat out,” Asher, pointed to the crater, as he explained to Eitan. “The hole isn’t that deep, but that’s not the best part. Look what Dan can do.” They all stared at Dan as he put his hands a few inches apart. Dan relaxed and began breathing in and out. After a few seconds, a small rounded stone appeared engulfed in flames. It disappeared leaving Dan breathless. 

         “I can only hold it for six seconds,” Dan said as he tried to regain his breath. 

         Eitan still tried to understand the bizarre phenomenon, but he was speechless. He looked at Asher and Galon waiting to see what they were about to show him. “What about you two?”

         “We can’t do anything,” said Galon in embarrassment. 

         “At least not now,” immediately added Asher. “When we woke up, Benjamin was glowing from the start and it took Dan about an hour to find out his power.”

         “Power?” Eitan questioned. 

         “Well, what else are we suppose to call it?” grunted Asher. 

         Eitan had no idea what to call it. He looked at his own hands and said, “What can I do?”

         “We all decided to stay for a few extra hours to practice using our powers,” Benjamin, who was still glowing, told Eitan.  

         “What about mom?” Eitan asked Dan. 

         Dan sighed, “Who cares, she will just think that we had so much fun that we wanted to continue it.” Eitan looked to his friend and Benjamin knew the question that was coming.

         “My parents will think the same. Plus, I can’t go home looking like a glowing disco stick. I literally look like something a gay bar threw up” cracked Benjamin.