Chapter Fifteen ~ Surprise!

Chapter Fifteen

Surprise!

            Dusk was just falling over the Burrow when Adalyn aparated just outside the bounds, head spinning from the experience. She didn’t particularly like aparation, but it was handy when you needed to get somewhere in these difficult times, and she needed to be at the Burrow.

Opening the gate, several figures dashed out of the house, a short red haired one shouting at her: “What gift did Sirius Black give Lucy Quinn, and how did he buy it?” Mr. Weasley raised his wand at Adalyn, eyes narrowed.

Holding up her hand, Adalyn showed him the ring while replying “A pearl ring, bought with the money he won in a bet with James Potter.”

Lowering his wand, Molly rushed forward, past her husband, and hugged Adalyn tightly “Welcome home dear.” She whispered.

“Thanks Mrs. Weasley,” Adalyn said, smiling at the older woman “it’s great to be back!” but her smile faded as she saw the twins –grinning widely as ever- but George…George was missing an ear.

George Weasley what the bloody hell happened to your ear!?” she cried, rushing over and throwing herself into his arms. She knew it was dark magic, and dark magic meant George could have died-and that was an impossible thought.

“I’m fine, Ada, really.” George said, smiling over her head at Fred, who raised his eyebrows at his twin, as if to say ‘hold on before she runs off again’.

“You’re missing an ear!” she said again, holding on even tighter.

“He’ll be fine dear,” Mrs. Weasley said sadly “But I’m afraid it will never grow back.”

“At least everyone can tell us apart now!” Fred said, though Adalyn knew he was secretly scarred from the experience; he had always been able to look at his twin and see his own face, but now…now all he saw was himself without an ear.

“I still think I’m more handsome though,” grinned George, still hugging Adalyn tightly.

Pulling away, she couldn’t help but smile “Nope, I’m still the most attractive out of all of us.”

Mrs. Weasley had to laugh, too, and ushered everyone inside. “Now,Ada, you’ll be staying in Ginny’s room with Hermione-”

“Actually Mum,” the twins cut in, sharing a glance “We’ve set up an extra cot in our room, since Harry’s staying with Ron, and our room is bigger and-”

“No need to give me excuses,” Mrs. Weasley said, nodding and changing her list on the fridge with a flick if her wand “It makes things easier, I suppose.”

Adalyn muttered a silent thank you as they all headed up to bed, and the twins each put an arm around her shoulders.

“No need to thank us,Ada.” Fred said, shooting George a look over her head.