Chapter 2

The ride to the carnival was spent singing along to "Because I'm all about that bass" by Meghan Trainor. The carnival was located right next to the bowling alley and ice skating. It only comes once a year and I never miss it. Every day a different artist performs on stage but on the first day people from town get to perform.

"So what do you want to do first?" Lina asked, excitement in her eyes while she looked around. "There are so many games that I don't know where to start!" I squealed.

"Well ho- OH MY GOD! Is that Olaf!" she screamed while pointing at a super adorable stuffed Olaf that was hanging from the balloon pop booth ceiling.

"And suddenly I know exactly what we're going to play." I said with a huge smile on my face while I dragged Lina to the booth. I have been searching for a stuffed Olaf for a long time and believe me, it ain't easy.

"Okay man. What's it going to take to win that Olaf right there?" I asked while laying a five dollar bill in front of the nice old man that was in charge of the booth. "Well little lady, you have three chances to pop those balloons and earn 30 points to win the little guy. Smallest balloons are 15 points, medium are 10 points and largest are 5 points. Good Luck."

"Thanks." I straighten my posture and separate my legs so I can have more balance. I take a deep breath and shoot my first two darts. One hits a medium balloon and the other hits a large balloon. That's fifteen points.

"Let me try. I play darts with my dad all the time." she stated while I handed her my last dart. I hope she hits the small balloon. I really don't want to spend all my money in one booth. She barely even glanced at the board before shooting and hitting one of the small balloons. But for some scientific reason the stupid balloon didn't pop.

"What?!" Lina and I screamed at the same time. "Don't worry little girls, something tells me that you really like Olaf so, since you did hit all the balloons needed, you can take the little guy." he consoled us while handing me the little stuffed Olaf.

"Really, thanks!" I cheered while I hugged my brand new Olaf. We waved goodbye to the old man and went on to see which game we were going to play next.

*************************************************************

We passed by a huge group of people that was gathered around the throw'n dunk booth. So being the nosy people we are, we went to see what was all the fuzz about. When we finally managed to squeeze between the pack of people we saw a little kid throwing baseballs at a target that was connected to a small tank filled with with a cocky man sitting inside.

"Ha ha, you lose kid! Now go back and cry to your mommy." He snapped at the poor kid who was running away on the verge of tears.

"Hey, you can't snap at him like that! He's a little kid." Lina scolded at him. "Oh look who we have over here. Think you have a chance at dunking me?" he  said, completely ignoring what Lina just said. I could the rage piling up inside her. She can't tolerate people like this so I was surprised when she gave the man at the stand a five dollar bill and picked up the three baseballs. She threw the first one and it hit the right top corner of the board that was holding the target.

"Hey! You should aim a bit lower princess!".

Lina ignored him and threw her second ball and it the bottom right corner.

"Ha you will never dunk me if you keep throwing like a GIRL!" he said and laid back laughing his butt off. When I looked at Lina I know that he just hit a nerve. It was as if I could see Lina's rage come out of her hand as she threw the last ball and it hit the middle of the target sending the laughing man down. I had my camera so I took a picture just when it happened. "In your face you potato sack!" she shouted at the man.

Everyone clapped and cheered as Lina bowed. The man at the stand handed her prize which was a stuffed yellow minion. "I can't believe you just did that!" I said as she came back to me.

"I had to. You know how much I can't stand people who are that cocky. Ready to go the ferris wheel?"

"Anytime babe!" I laughed as I looped our arms together.

As we were waiting in line to get in the ferris wheel I couldn't help but as if someone was watching me. I looked around but I didn't see anyone so I just brushed that feeling off. We sat down in the ferris wheel chair and the nice lady strapped us in.

"Enjoy the ride!" she chirped just as the wheel started spinning. We laughed, talked and took pictures the whole ride.

"That was so much fun!" I laughed as we got off the ferris wheel.

"Yeah. Hey, it looks like there going to start the concert! We should head over there now so we can find a good space." she stated while pointing at the stage where people were starting to get ready.

"Let's go." We hadn't taken a step when my stomach growled loudly. "Maybe you should go a find us a space while I buy us some pop corn and I'll meet you there."

"Yeah let's do that. See ya later." she waved and skipped away.

I was pretty far from where they selled the awesome popcorn but I didn't mind. About half way there the feeling that I had earlier came back. I stopped and looked around but again I didn't see anyone weird.

Don't worry Katherine. It's just your head playing with you. Just continue walking and the feeling will go away.

But it didn't. I couldn't help it any more and looked around and I saw a guy looking straight at me.

He was tall, and very hot but I didn't like the look he was giving me. I looked away and  continued walking a bit faster. I looked back again and when I saw he was following me, I started speed walking.

God, please help me right now.

I looked around and saw that I was in a dark corner, that nobody was around with a strange hot dude following me.

Great Kathy just great.

I felt a strong arm wrapping around my arms and waist and picking me up like I weighed nothing. I started to scream and kick but a huge hand was placed on top of my mouth so my screams were muffled. I heard car tires screeching very close to us.

"Get in!"  I heard someone yell.

Oh no I'm not. I bit the hand that was covering my mouth as hard as I could.

"Ow!" the guy literally growled at me releasing my mouth. I started screaming and kicking and doing all I could so he couldn't get me in the car. I felt a pair a new hands holding my feet as the guy placed me inside a van. they pinned me down as I continued struggling. A cloth was placed over my mouth and I held my breath so the fumes won't get in my lungs.

"You won't be able to hold your breath for long." one of them said.

I knew he was right. I breathed in the fumes as burning tears rolled down my face.

 'How could this happen?' I thought as I let the darkness consume me.

**********************************************************

Thank you guys so much for almost 30 reads on the first chapter! :D It really made me happy. I will be posting new chapters every weekend. Hope you enjoyed!

Keep on shining,

Galacticwriter05