Chapter V - Visits

I dedicate this chapter to  @katnisslerman16  for her a-amazing stories. I just wanted to dedicate this to you because I envy your creative mind about werewolves which are my favorite mythological creatures!! Check out her stories AFTER you read mine!! Hahahaha :)) Well, anyway back on the story. 

Recap:

Ever since dad died 5 years ago I couldn't help but grow up a bit to protect the only family I have left so every night I check on them before I go to bed & I make sure I'm always the last one to sleep to make sure that mom & Katie are safely tucked on their beds. It gives me good dreams when I know that they're safe. I took a quick shower, wore my boxers & crawled under the covers. I prayed a silent prayer to thank God for the blessing he gave me & my family & let my mind dream for the night & expect another day for tomorrow.

Chapter V

For the first time since I woke up in the hospital, I woke up with a smile on my face. I had the best dream ever. I could have slept forever if that was the only dream I could ever get. It was warm, soft, comforting but most of all happy. I felt happy even though I had a big responsibility on my shoulders. I enjoyed caring for my family. My family. That sounds so foreign to me. In a good way though. I could get use to that.

I lay there, staring at the ceiling no doubt a small smile playing on my lips. Thinking over my dream again and again. I hope I get to dream something like that into reality someday. I can already imagine myself going to work, going home from work, playing with my kids, having a date with my wife but most of all the feeling of safety and love, support and comfort in the house. I know I may be thinking ahead of myself but if you were in my position you’d understand it. Having something to hope for after what happened to me. The smile that I felt on my lips slowly disappeared when I remembered why I’m in the hospital in the first place. I really need to ask mom what happened before and after I was unconscious. Was there someone after me? Is he or she still around to make my life miserable? If he or she still was then that fantasy I was dreaming about would have to wait because I would never put my loved ones in danger. I will never be that selfish if my life is still unstable. First I have to find out what happened to me then I’ll look into my fantasy of happiness again.

Thinking so hard had me dizzy. I can’t think straight anymore. Before I could press the button to a nurse I was back to my slumber.

Someone caressing my cheek woke me up from my dreamless sleep. Wait—Dreamless? I had a dreamless sleep. Again, another first! I’m on the roll today. I chuckled inwardly to myself. The caress continued its mission to help me relax once again. Groaning, I moved from my position, my legs feeling a bit numb from lying down for too long. I slowly opened my eyes knowing the lights from above would hurt me if I didn’t take it easy. At first the figure in front of me was blurry but a few more blinks and I could see my mom sitting there with a smile on her face.

“Hi honey. How are you feeling?” she softly asked.

“Doing great mom. So far.” I smiled

“Why ‘so far’? Are you not being taken care of? The nurse on duty last time said she’d look to it personally if you were in any pain.”  I see my mom is easily worried so next time I better watch out for my words. I don’t like her worrying to much about me. I’d like her to worry about her health better than my own because last I checked I’m the one being treated like a baby.

“No mom, not like that. She did keep to her word. It’s just that I’ve been having wonderful sleeps so far. I just hope that it would last long before the nightmares come back to haunt me.” I cringed at the last part. I really do hope the nightmares would stop but that’s just wishful thinking. No one is that happy.