Chapter 1

Lance's P.O.V.
My name is Lance McClain and I'm a male omega. Being a male omega is a challenge, my life's been a hard struggle to find my place in the world. I've dealt with discrimination from birth, my own padre didn't want me to be an omega. At the very least he wanted me to be a beta.

As a child I learnt the world was set up to watch me fail and I decided there's no way I'm going to let that happen. I'm going to make a place for myself and show everyone that I'm not just some weak omega.

My padre kicked me out of home because he found out I kissed a boy and I was bi. I was 19 and had just started college, now I'm in my second year and living in New York. I live in a crappy apartment with no hot water, loud neighbours and in a bad part of town. I attend college on a scholarship but it only pays for half the tuition.

My parents didn't give me any money after I was kicked out so I had to find a job. I knew my friends Allura and Coran opens up a café so I applied for a job and got it. But it wasn't enough, so I took on another job in the more shady part of town, at a place called the Galra club. I really have no other options.

I attend college at Altea Academy, I'm not the only omega but I seem to be the only one who gets picked on. I've learnt to suck it up and keep working, what people say is going to hurt but it doesn't matter. My friends Pidge and Hunk are with me so I know I'm not alone. However there is one thing I feel I'm missing, a mate.

"Hey McLame." James Griffin my bully says, snapping me from my thoughts

"What do you want James? I need to get home." I reply, standing up from my desk

"Nothing much, just want to let you know you're still worthless." He states

I roll my eyes but his words do hurt, I just need to ignore him. I walk past him but he doesn't store tormenting me.

"Where are you going?" James says, grabbing my arm "You shouldn't be rude to alphas, omega."

"Let me go." I exclaim, yanking my arm back

"Remember your place omega." He spits, grabbing my arm again and digging his nails into my skin

Thankfully someone walks into the classroom and James lets go of my arm. I hurriedly leave the room and head to my locker, praying James doesn't follow me. I unlock my locker and grab my things, my uniform for my job at the café is in my bag as well which makes it very heavy.

I have so much to do tonight, I need to work at Allura's café, then the Galra Club and finally I need to finish one of my assignments. If I let my grades fall I'll get kicked off the scholarship, meaning I'll have to drop out. I just need to hold on a little longer until I finish college and get a proper job.

I arrive outside of Voltron café and walk in though the back entrance. I walk into the locker room and change into my work uniform, tying my apron around my waist. I have nail marks on my arm from James so I place a small bandaid over them and sign my name off before walking out of the back too, to the service counter.

"Pidge, shift's over." I say seeing that Pidge is the person working the cash register

Pidge looks up from her from the register and smiles happily.

"Sup Lance, is it your shift now?" She asks, hopping off of the stool she was sitting on

"Yeah." I reply "You seem happy, do you have something to do?"

"Matt and I are getting our mum's birthday present and then going out for dinner." Pidge answers

"Sounds fun, I hope you find something for your mum." I say