A Flash of Love Ch.2

"(Y/N)...(Y/N)..."

You vaguely heard your name being called, but only snuggled into the warmth of whatever was wrapped around your plush form. Before you could lull back to your dream land filled with fantasies that you wished were real, a soft nudge to your forehead busted that dream.

"Ah, there she is!" Your eyes blinked open, sleep still calling you, but that damn nudging was getting on your nerves. Bleary eyes focused upon the culprit: Barry.

With a huge grin on his face, he held out his hand for you. Needless to say, you were surprised at the sweet gesture; not having been shown this kind behavior from a man before. Shrugging the blanket off yourself, you grasped Barry's warm hand and stood up.

Your legs were a little wobbly from sitting so long that getting out of the aisle was a bit of an issue, but thankfully Barry noticed and helped you out. With his hand still holding onto your smaller one and wrapping his other one around your soft waist.

Once free and in the somewhat spacious plane aisle, Barry still held onto you, as you sent him a smile in thanks. It was a cute and sweet moment, until a throat cleared making you both jump away from each other as if you were caught doing something you weren't.

Glancing up, Bruce stood there, arms crossed with a brow raised and behind him stood Diana who just had a wide grin on her face, her eyes darting between Barry and yourself.

"Now that the googly eyes have stopped, let's get down to business."

Your cheeks flushed at his words, your eyes gliding up to Barry's face, seeing he was in the same state as you right now.

Bruce and Diana started out as Barry and yourself followed, silence hanging in the air like some disease. Walking down the stairs of the plane, the sun shined and beat against your skin, waking you up fully as you made your way to the car.

"Sorry if I made it awkward back there," Barry followed in step with you, walking right beside you. "I tend to do that... a lot actually, you know, that might be my other superpower." Laughing, you shook your head.

"Trust me, the only one who made it awkward was Bruce and his serious face."

The speedster laughed at your words and nodded. "Wouldn't be the Batman if he wasn't always wearing the serious face." He breathed out just as you got to the car. You wanted to say something witty and funny, but with Bruce right in front of you; you didn't want to chance it because if he heard, you'd get a personal butt kicking from the Dark Knight.

"After you, milady." Barry bowed down, swooping his hand across the air, presenting the open door to you. Giving a curtsy to your "Red Knight" per se, you climbed into the car, seating yourself on the far left side.

Barry slid in right after you and plopped himself down beside you as he slammed the door shut. You could feel the warmth of his side as it brushed against your soft one gently; the feeling sending a shiver up your spine.

To your left, Diana was seated next to Bruce as they shared a glass of what looked like wine. Of course Bruce still liked the lavish scene and well, you knew Diana enjoyed a nice glass of wine once in a while. "Here," Her voice cut through the silent air as she presented two glasses of the same beverage she and Bruce were enjoying.

"Can't forget you two, now can we?" A smile played on the hero's lips.

Barry cleared his throat and accepted the two glasses. "Of course not, who else is going to liven things up while we're here?" Diana chuckled as she took a sip from her glass and turning back to Bruce to continue their conversation. The glass of sweet looking white wine was suddenly in your face, your chubby hands grasping the thin, glass stem.