chapter 5

Jo's POV

I bolt upright a cold sweat on my neck, that nightmare, that event I have been reliving every night, I never got to say goodbye, or maybe if I never had been so self absorbed in my own art fanatics they would still be alive, and we would still be together. I've given up the concept of art, and that I could become famous. I don't sketch anymore, I don't even write. because I know as soon as I pick up a pencil I'll start drawing, it would happen all the time. the teacher would tell us to write notes, but I would start drawing clues to help me remember, and then when I got bored in class I would draw the whole room as if a zombie apocalypse happened and that class was the only humans alive. my only weakness is pencils, pens, markers, paper, paint, all of these thing I could do what I thought were pretty good.

I swing my legs off the bed and over to my suitcase, I unzip it and dump every thing out, then I open up the secret panel behind a thin sheet of cloth is what is left of my sketch book, slowly I unwrap it and slowly flip through the pages, stopping every now and then to admire the things I  could do. there are some less impressive, but then there's some that I've had people become speechless or mind boggled. I get to the last sketch I did, the one I was going to show off as my finally at my orientation, it's a pencil sketch of a kayak going off a waterfall but suspended in mid air just before is starts it's descend.  it was a masterpiece, but all the time I spent on this could have been spent with my family, we could have had more time together, and then they could still be alive.

I tear rolls down my cheek, I miss them so much! I hate having to be ship form abuser to abuser, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it! the worst part of all is in my parents will was that all of their belongings became mine, but they never said who would get me, so I was sent to the orphanage. my family was disappointed that I decided to sell the house and everything in it with out their help, so they never visited me. if I were to sum up my life in 3 words they would be trust no one. that's what I've learned.

.........................................................

unknown POV

we all applauded after Britney paints her last stroke of the Apple, she has improved dramatically since she got into the MAC, MAO, MAD, MAG that's the one. Britney come running off the stage smiling and laughing with her best friend Maddie, they walk over to me and my husband Dave.

"Britney darling you were amazing! your the best artist in the world!" I say hugging her, but careful not to mess up my 500 dollar manicure.

"thank you, but I already knew that!" she says straightening out her uniform. "but Daddy, I'm going to stay at Maddie's  tonight, she got a new butler, and he needs to be broke in." she says and my husband nods

"if course pumpkins, have fun." he say before they go walking off to Maddie's parents. "shall we go home my honey bun?" he says offering me his arm. I take it and respond

"yes, yes, we shall" and with that we walk out to the Lamborghini. we unlock it and get in, as he starts driving, I reminisce about the last Lamborghini we had, sadly I had to use it in order to get Britney into this school.

((flash back))((2 years ago))

there's only 20 other people try out for the art spots in the MAA, no the MAD, the MMC? oh what ever! the school Britney wants to go to. 10 of the kids are not talented, and their parents went there so, no competition there, then there's 3 that had 'mysteriously' told the wrong date, then 4 of the competitor's products got destroyed by 'accident'  and then theirs only three left, Lily, Jo, and Maddie.  and lucky for me Lily got sick, so that only leaves Jo. their can only be two art students, and my daughter will get in there with her best friend!!! I rev up the engine on my black Lamborghini Gallardo, I zoom out of the garage. Britney is already at the school warming up with her teacher from Paris, Dave is there with them. and as soon a I crash the McCain's car my daughter will for sure get that spot!