Part 2: Legacy ~ Chapter 10

Lucius had fun showing Amy off and telling the story behind the bracelet and matching watch. It took Amy a lot of her strength to keep calm and her emotions in check, but she managed by focussing on what she was going to do later that night. She didn't speak unless spoken to and smiled politely when appropriate—to Lucius utmost delight.

If he only knew, she thought.

It was half-past seven when Khalida arrived together with Gwen. The pristine black with gold embroidery suit she was wearing strengthened the aura of power already surrounding her. Everyone sat down for dinner, though Kyron didn't join them until the second course. To Amy's great relief the feast itself was a rather normal one. The food was luxurious, diverse, and the centre of the table was devoid of naked dead women—though Amy was quite certain that some of the dishes contained human flesh.

As Amy finished her dessert—crème brûlée flavoured with lavender—she got anxious. How long will the fall take? Will it hurt? Is there a chance I might survive? She tried to hide her emotions, but Lucius noticed them nevertheless.

"You seem restless, anything wrong?"

The remark would have made her choke on her dessert if she hadn't swallowed the contents of her mouth a second before Lucius had spoken. "I-I'm fine," she said softly as she kept her eyes on the burnt cream.

"Bobbi," Lucius said with a threatening tone in his voice.

Her mind raced in an attempt to come up with something that wouldn't be a lie—as Lucius always seemed to know when she lied. "I-I just had a great time with Gwen today. I-I..." She fell silent as she lost control of her mind. I am going to kill myself and be rid of you once and for all!

Lucius chuckled. "My, my... Don't tell me you have a crush on her."

Amy bolted upright in her chair and her cheeks burned up. "N-no, it's not like—" The way Lucius grinned silenced her. Fine, believe what you will.

"It's okay. If you want to repeat whatever you two did last night, you may." His eyes twinkled with excitement. "On one condition..."

Oh please, no, Amy thought. Are you really going to be this predictable? Don't say it, don't you—

"I get to watch."

God damn it! Amy's face radiated heat from both shame and anger. Fucking pervert. Watch? Yeah right. I'm pretty certain you'd actually rather join.

Lucius wiped his mouth clean with a napkin and stood up. "Think about it. We'll be here for only a week, so if you want to make the most out of your time with Gwen..." His expression was one of childish delight. "Just know you might not see her again anytime soon." With that said, he walked away.

Amy sat fuming in her chair. She knew other people were staring at her and that they had heard most of it, if not all. Calm down, Amy, she told herself. His perverted mind just got you out of having to lie, even if what he thought was not true. Slowly, the excess blood drained from her cheeks and her heart rate returned to normal. She looked down at her dessert, finished the last two bites out of principle, and stood up.

As she made her way to the bathroom, she noticed Gwen rising to come after her. Her anxiety skyrocketed and walking at a normal pace required her to focus on every step she took. The moment she entered the toilet she quickly locked the door behind her with trembling fingers.

After several minutes of staring at the floor while attempting to gather herself, Amy finally stepped out. Gwen had been waiting for her with her back resting against the wall.