Part 1: Memories ~ Chapter 6

Once back in the mansion, Amy was locked into a metal chamber. For several hours she paced through the almost empty room, anxiously biting her nails and dreading what was to come. The drain in the floor, the showerhead with the extra long hose, and the cuffs on the wall indicated that this was a place meant for torture. When Lucius finally returned, he found her sitting in the corner, rocking back and forth.

He placed the suitcase he was carrying on the floor. "What's wrong, Bobbi?" He crouched down in front of her.

Amy tried to scurry away, but Lucius grasped her hair. "P-please," she started, "I'm—" Lucius gripped her chin and made her face him. Her frightened eyes connected with his. The near demonic rage in them caused her to tremble and whimper in utter fright.

"Are you afraid? Terrified?" The corners of his lips curled up and before Amy could respond, he punched her in the eye.

The pain blossomed across her face. Half the world had turned hazy. "I-I'm sorry," she tried to plead, but Lucius just stomped her other eye.

"You should be." He smacked her hard against the side of the head, resulting in a temporary loss of hearing on the right. "You've been a bad girl, Bobbi."

She cried and whimpered, her hands slowly rising to defend herself—something Lucius did not appreciate. He released her hair and gripped her wrists, the bones shifting painfully in his grasp.

"You tried to escape, Bobbi. That's something that gets you a level three punishment—you know this." He released her and feigned a punch. Amy winced, and for this, he slapped her hard across the face. "You knew the consequences, now endure them."

Crying, Amy tried her best not to put up any resistance as Lucius continued to beat her up. The moment she fell to the ground he rose and kicked her chest and side several times, bruising two ribs.

"Undress," Lucius barked.

Trembling and whimpering, her entire body sore and her face swelling up, she rose. Please, let him stop. Please, let him stop. Please, let him stop. Her mind repeated the plea like a broken record. Carefully, as to limit the pain of her aching ribs, she did as she was told.

"Put your hands against the wall."

Slowly, she took the position. Please, let this be quick. She sobbed as silently as she could manage, fearing that being too loud would only worsen her punishment.

Lucius walked over to the suitcase and retrieved a large bullwhip. He cracked the thing right beside her.

Amy yelped and winced, her hands releasing the wall as she instinctively tried to move away.

"Bobbi..." Lucius straightened the whip between his hands, the sound causing Amy to cringe. "Hands on the wall."

Crying, she retook her position.

"You're getting three lashes. Every time you release the wall, I'm adding one lash." Without waiting for a sign if she understood the rules, the whip cracked. The long leather licked her back, tearing her skin from the shoulder down to her side.

Amy screamed and one arm involuntarily retracted to her chest. A loud sob freed itself from her throat as she placed her hand back on the cold metal.

"Plus one," Lucius stated, his eyes blazing with sadistic delight.

The whip landed on her skin for the second time, another bloody trail erupting in its wake. Despite all her willpower, her fingers curled up in pain and her right leg jerked up.

"I'll count that as a half. Do it again and you'll get another extra lashing."

Amy gritted her teeth and closed her eyes as she pressed her hands against the wall. You can take this. This is not the worst he can do. She imagined the floor was clay and that her toes were digging into it. Don't move. Just. Don't. Move. The third strike bit into her flesh and she groaned. Blood seeped out of the cuts scattered across her back, but her feet and hands had remained in place.