Friendships

Fluttering my eyes open... I immediately regretted it. The hot, beaming sun shined directly in my eyes.

"It's like it's trying to blind me..."

I angrily mumble. Looking ever so slightly down, I rest my eyes upon the sleeping warrior. I blushed, due to the fact that the highly skilled and popular fighter.. was laying right next to me. I gently stroke her hair, pushing the hair hanging before her beautiful emerald eyes. The soft movement somehow managed to stir the beauty awake.

"Hm..?"

"Hey Sleeping Beauty, had a nice rest?"

She looked around, taking notes on her surroundings. She blushed immensely when our eyes met.

"Oh dear.. I didn't mean to sleep in here."

She sunk into the blankets, using the shirt as a mask. I laughed and yawned.

"Really? You're just gonna ignore the fact that you're wearing my shirt?"

Her eyes shifted down to her attire. Blushing more... Somehow..

"I-I.. uh.."

I laid my hand on her shoulder, smiling.

"You're an excellent fighter, but your lying could use some major improvements."

She drifted in thought, then smiled.

"Are you uncomfortable with this?"

"Well.. yeah. I would have to say I am a bit uncomfortable."

Her smile faded away quickly. Her eyes darting around like crazy. A chuckle escaped my lips.

"Laying on the couch for hours tends to cause uncomfortable pain."

I felt a warm breeze chip my neck, meaning she let out a deep breath.

"Relax Pyrrha. I'm more than happy that you're with me right now. I could use a bit of company."

The painful memories of Team RWBY seemed to disappear during the time I was with her.

"But don't you have Team RWBY for that?"

...Or so I thought.

"I.. Well..."

My mind raced around, thinking of what I should do. After moments of uncomfortable silence, I concluded I need to let it out.

"Well you see Pyrrha... Team RWBY and I are.. no longer.."

Her puzzled expression was very apparent.

"What ever do you mean, Y/N?"

"What I mean is.. I caught them betraying me."

Her puzzled expression only growing.

"I caught them cheating on me, Pyrrha."

A small shocked expression immediately turned into a bitter one. She shook her head and wrapped her arms around my neck, closing the gap between us.

"I'm sorry, Y/N..."

I contemplated for a moment.

"You already knew that though, didn't you?"

...

"Yes.. I did."

I let go of a deep breath.

"Listen Y/N, I was going to tell you as soon as you came back. I didn't want you to get hurt by t-those.. those girls! But once I saw you, I froze. I couldn't move and all I mustered up was a frown. I let you down and I'm so sorry for that. And hearing about your team... I failed you Y/N."