| 1 |

What is Nahjul - Balagha?

Nahjul Balagha is a collection of sermons, letters and sayings of Imam Ali (a) dealing with different religious topics as well as how to be pious and prepare for the Hereafter. It is a Masterpiece of Islamic literature (second to Holy Qur'an and words of the Holy Prophet (s) in Shia Islam.

Imam Ali was an eloquent speaker. Before Nahjul Balagha the words of Imam Ali (a) were in different books. So Sharif ar-Radhi compiled the words of Imam Ali (a) into a book called Nahjul Balagha- the Peak of Eloquence.

Nahj al Balagha is a collection of 241 sermons, 79 letters, and 489 (or 480) utterances. As per each new publishing versus past volumes, the number of sermons, letters, and utterances has varied from 238 to 241, 77 to 79, and 463 to 489, respectively.

The book contains the ideology of Ali ibn Abi Talib to establish an Islamic government. Also, he nominated to the balance between rights and duties by a deep discussion and believed that "greater responsibilities result in greater rights". Equitable treatment with women in society has been discussed in Nahj al Balagha.

Since the book is a literary work meant to demonstrate Ali ibn Abi Talib's eloquence, it does not gather all of Ali's sermons. Instead, only segments deemed to possess greater literary value are included. introduces some of these.

                                                                    Who is Imam Ali (A

                                                                    Who is Imam Ali (A.S.)?

Ali was the cousin and the son-in-law of , the of . He ruled as the from 656 to 661, but is regarded as the rightful immediate by the Shia Muslims. Born to Abu Talib and Fatimah bint Asad, Ali is the only person to be born in the sacred sanctuary of the Kaaba in Mecca, the holiest place in Islam, according to many classical Islamic sources, especially Shia ones.

Imam Ali (a) spoke about the Qur'an and often quoted from it. Holy Prophet had said about Imam Ali (a), "Ali is with the Qur'an and the Qur'an is with 'Ali'. They will not separate until they reach the fountain (of Kauthar) on the Day of Judgement". Imam Ali (a) was known as the Qur'an an'Natiq (the Qur'an that speaks)

Ali protected Muhammad from an early age and took part in almost all the battles fought by the nascent Muslim community. After migrating to Medina, he married Muhammad's daughter Fatimah. He was appointed caliph by Muhammad's companions in 656, after Caliph Uthman ibn Affan was assassinated. Ali's reign saw civil wars and in 661, he was attacked and assassinated by a Kharijite, Abdul-Rahman ibn Muljim while praying in the Great Mosque of Kufa, being martyred two days later.

Reign: 656-661[1]

Predecessor: Uthman ibn Affan

Successor: Hasan ibn Ali (2nd Imam)

1st Imam of Shia Islam

Born : 13 Rajab 21 BH in the ancient Arabic calendar

Ka'bah, Mecca, Hijaz, Arabian Peninsula

Died : 21 Ramadan AH 40 ( aged 59)

Kufa, Iraq, Rashidun Empire

Killer : Abdur Rahman ibne Muljim

Burial: Imam Ali Mosque, Najaf, Iraq

Descendants of Ali

Al-Hasan

Al-Husayn

Zaynab

Umm Kulthum

Muhsin

Abbas

Full name :'Alī ibn Abī Ṭālib

Arabic: علي ابن أبي طالب‎

Tribe: Quraysh (Banu Hashim)

Don't forget to:

VOTE 👉COMMENT 👉 SHARE 👍

Dua's,

Neha